Chapter 56: The Hunt

I do not own any of the Twilight character

Great something new to worry about.

I take a cautious step in the clearing. Looking around I don't spot anything or anybody.

"Alexis." A faint whisper of my name bounces off the blooming flowers and the moss covered trees.

"Alexis, this way." Comes the very much female voice.

I glance around the clearing, growling in annoyance. Faint giggles reach my ears.

"You should've killed him when you had the chance Alexis." A deep, somewhat familiar voice says. I growl and look around.

"Your pathetic coven is dead. Your pack of mutts are dead. Do you think you'll survive?" The voice says, laughing in my ear.

Taunting me.

"Turn around!" The voice says. I quickly turn and a golden sword goes through my heart.

*GASP!*

I sit up, clutching the area the sword pierced. Looking down I don't see any blood or a hole anywhere on my body.

My vampire pushes me into it's cage and steps forward.

"What are you doing in here?"

I growl, still traumatized from the dream. Alice sighs and shifts on the sofa, not wanting to make sudden movements.

"I saw you wake up like this. Want to talk about it?" She questions, staring into my panicked blood red eyes.

"No."

"I've never seen you in person. I mean I have when you're angry. Just never casually out like this. Is Alex sleep? Do you have a name?" Alice questions, leaning up in the chair.

"No, she's not sleep. My name is Lex. That's why Alec calls me that. He's mainly talking to me, not Alexis."

She nods and looks down.

"Tell me about the dream Lex." Alice whispers.

"I'm not sure what happened. I just know I was walking in the clearing and a woman called her name. They giggle. A man comes and taunts me, calling me weak, calling the coven pathetic."

I clench the bed sheets until they rip.

"What happened after that?" Alice questions, rising from the chair and taking a slow step towards me.

"He stabbed me. He stabbed me with a golden sword."

I growl, eyeing her from the corner of my eye.

"It'll be ok. Nothing is going to happen to you Lex." Alice says, rubbing my back reassuringly.

I glance at her and frown.

"How do you know?"

Alice smiles and moves her hand to rub my cheek, keeping a eye on my fangs.

"Take a deep breath and relax. You were just scared. It's ok." Alice says, smiling.

I narrow my eyes at her but take a deep breath, physically feeling myself relax and go back in my cage, allowing Alex to come out.

"Better?" She questions.

I nod and look at my hands.

The hands I saw covered in my blood.

"How do you know I'll be fine?"