Chapter 16

Alex's pov

I just finished my call with Charissa. To be honest I don't really know why I like her, it's just something about her makes me go crazy. Addy is sweet, nice, and funny, but she doesn't make me go crazy like how Charissa does, so that's why I'm picking her and not Addy. I also don't want Addy getting hurt because she doesn't know the power Charissa has. I care for Addy so that is another reason why I'm picking the girl that everyone hates, she could make her move to a different place far away and then everyone would hate me. If Ciara does tell Addy what she saw then I'll tell her the truth to why I picked Charissa. I still want to be close friends with her though.

Aghhh!!! I'm so mad right now, I can't think straight! My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking the door. I turned my head and saw Cameron. I wonder how long he was standing there. Did he hear the conversation on the phone? Uh oh.

" Uh hey" he said.

" Hey, how long have you been standing there?" I asked.

" I just got up here, we're all waiting for you" " is everything okay?"

" Yeah, just a little problem back home nothing big"

" Oh okay well are you ready now?"

" Yeah let's get going" and with that we headed downstairs to go to the carnival. Everybody was just sitting on the furniture either talking or on their phones. Once they saw us, they stood up and started walking out the door. Addy's dad drove us, it was about 10 minutes away. They rented a van for the whole vacation, two people in the very front, four people in the middle row, and three people in the back. The seating was like this:

Front ( left to right) - Addy's dad and Mom

Middle- Yolo, Ciara, Maddie, and Cam

Back- Addy, Me, and Brandy

We arrived at the carnival and bought out tickets. When we entered Addy's parents told us to meet them back here at 10:30. It was already 7:00 so we all went to the rides first. We got in line for this roller coaster that looked really fun. There's a hugs drop, a bunch of loops, and a cork screw. It was 2 people per cart ( we all ride on the same ride luckily)

Me and Addy

Ciara and Maddie

Cam and Yolo

And Brandy rode by himself

Addy seemed a little scared when we were going up so I held her hand. Like I said I still care for her and I want her to feel comfortable. The ride was awesome! Addy was scared but she still had a really fun time. After that we went on some other rides and ate some food. We checked the time and it was only 8:30 so we played some games. All of got at least two prizes, by the time we were done the time was already 9:58. Addy wanted to go on the Ferris wheel so we went on the that while everyone just sat down on a bench.

The ride was quiet, not the awkward type of quiet but the good kind. She was staring out the side while I was staring at her hoping that even if we weren't together that we could be good friends. She noticed me staring and smiled.

" Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked.

" No reason" I say with a smile. She gave me a confused look but then started up a conversation that ended up the whole ride. The time was now 10:15 so we walked back to the others and headed to our meeting spot. Addy's parents were already there so we went in the van and went back home.

Ciara's pov ( The day before they go back home)

I'm in my room with everyone but Alex and Addy. Alex and Addy haven't been spending time together since the carnival which gives me a clue to who he picked. We all decided to tell Addy about what happened after we eat dinner. Her parents reserved dinner at this really fancy place since it's the last night of our little vacation and we head back to school soon. I'm just hoping that everything will turn out right today.

" Ciara?" Maddie said.

" Yeah?"

" Are you okay? You're making that face you do when your nervous" she says with a small laugh.

" I am? Oh well I'm just a little scared for Addy. Alex hasn't even given me an answer, but I have a feeling that he chose Charissa" I say and right when I finish the door opened. Everyone stared at who the person was, it was no other than Alex.

" Uh hey Alex what's up?" I ask.

" Do all the people in this room know about you know what?" He asked.

" Yeah, why?" " Did you choose who?"

" Yeah but before I tell you you have to listen to what I'm going to say, all of you do" we all nod our heads in agreement.

" Okay well first of all the person I picked is Charissa, second of all I'm picking her because something about her makes me crazy and that I know she will do something to Addy if I don't pick her" He started.

" I do care for Addy and I still want to be friends with her, It hurts to see her sad but I think it's for the best okay?" he finished and all of us were kind of in shock. I don't if I should be mad at him or if I should be proud. Hmmm well it doesn't matter what I think now it's up to Addy. Alex stood there for a couple minutes then walked out of the room.

It was still silent and I don't even want to break the silence to who knows what we'll talk about. Instead I just checked the time, it was 7:00 and we had to be at the restaurant by 8:30. I told them that we had to get ready and they all left.