Prologue

Shawn Mendes. To his peers, he's a regular 17 year old with good looks. By Shawn's side stands the one and only, Cameron Dallas. Shawn is so kind to others, he's friends with everyone plus, he plays guitar and sings. His voice is amazing. Most people love him but a few fear him. Why? Because Shawn and his family take part of the most dangerous mafia in Cherry Valley, New York: The Death Angels.

Here's a short description of them: The angels can be helpful to others. But one wrong move with them and they are no longer helpful to you. It's not so hard to get in but the only thing you have to do . . . is survive. Luckily for Shawn, he's no stranger to the mafia. You see, Shawn grew up with them. How? His dad, Manuel Mendes, is the leader and founder of The Death Angels.

Cameron and Shawn where both raised by the same family. Which is the angels. As they grew up, they've learned how to shoot different types of guns and how to defend themselves. They always knew that they would one day be a part of that life and when they turned 15, they did. Of course, they were put through hell but they got in and to them, that's all that mattered. They have never been separated. They're best friends for life and partners in crime. You know, for best friends. Nothing has ever gotten between them.

Ashley Alvarez. At the age of ten, her mom sent her to Cherry Valley with her father. You see, she wasn't behaving like the good girl she's supposed to be. Her father served time in Iraq and when he came back he decided to create a gang in Cherry Valley called The Kings. Her mom sent Ashley to him so he could discipline her but he ended up giving her fighting and gun skills. When she went back home to her mom at the age of 13, she was worse than she was when she left. She got into more trouble and more fights. At the age of 17, her mom had enough of her and gave all custody to her father. Now, she's moving to Cherry Valley officially and joining her father in The Kings but he named her the queen because he knew that one day she'll take over for him.

One thing . . . both of these gangs hate one another.

I wonder what will happen when these kids cross paths. Will they hate each other with a passion and try to kill each other? Or will they not let it get to their heads? Find out in New York Royalty.

••••••••••••••••••~••••••••••••••••••
A/N
Hey there! I know I wrote a book before but I didn't really feel anything going to it so I decided to re-write. Hopefully this turns good.

Also, this story will be based in the years of 2017-2018. This is a fanfic and I know that Shawn is 20 years old right now. For the sake of the story, he's going to be 17. I hope you guys enjoy. xx