27 -"Like I said, I keep to myself."

~flashback: the beginning of the year~
•Ashley's POV•
I walked into the house that smelled like weed and alcohol. It was a party to celebrate the last day of freedom. We had school the next day. I had just switched to this school the beginning of first semester. I'm surprised they haven't kicked me out yet.

I walk to the kitchen and make myself a drink. I only came here because I had nothing to do at home. Caroline was in the clouds again so she doesn't  even know I'm not home. I was sipping my drink, watching all these people stumbling and making out, when some guy bumped into me.

"Watch where you're going dude!" I yell.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry." He says.

His back was turned to me so I couldn't see his face.

"Well maybe if you knew how to handle your liquor, you wouldn't be over here bumping into people." I say.

He turns to me and I had seen the most gorgeous face I had ever seen. His jawline looked like it could cut you if you touched it. His eyes were so mesmerizing. When he looked at me, he seemed surprised.

"Oh shit. You're fucking gorgeous." He says out loud.

I feel a smile about to come up but I shake it off. Instead, I rolled my eyes at him and walked out of the kitchen. I finished my drink and threw the cup on the floor. I walked out of the house and started to walk towards the park when someone pulled me back. I look back and see that it's the same guy who bumped into me earlier.

"Hey. I'm sorry about bumping into you. I should've watched where I was going." He says.

I nod.

"It's fine." I say.

I'm about to walk away when he pulls me back again.

"Well, if it's fine then why are you still leaving the party?" He asks.

"I just don't want to hang out here anymore. It's really lame." I say.

"Well then, let me come with you. I could use some air. Plus, I wouldn't want you to walk around without any protection." He tells me.

I pull my hand back.

"I can take care of myself." I say.

He puts his hands up in surrender.

"I'm not saying you can't. I just needed an excuse to walk with you." He says.

I look at him and hesitate but then say, "Alright. You can walk with me."

He smiles and comes to the side of me and we start walking towards the park. We get there and go on the swings. We start talking and we learn a lot about each other.

"So, I know everyone at this school. How come I've never seen you before?" He asks.

"Well, umm I just transferred to this school the beginning of first semester. I keep to myself and so I hide most of the time. That's probably why you've never seen me around." I say.