2 -"Can I help you?"

•Shawn's POV•
We go into our first period and I look around to see who is in this class. I stop once my eye catches the girl from earlier. She's all the way in the back and she's looking out the window. I nudge Cam with my elbow and he looks at me. I nod towards her and he looks.

"Wow. Now I know what you mean." He tells me.

We stop looking at her and go sit down in the row in front of her. The bell rings and the teacher starts to introduce us to the subject. I couldn't help but think about the new girl. I look over my shoulder and see her drawing on a piece of paper.

I wonder what she's drawing.

"Mr. Mendes, do you understand?" Mrs. Thatcher asks me.

I look back at her and say, "Huh?"

She shakes her head and goes back to talking.

"Dude! Pay attention." Cam says as he pats my shoulder and smiles at me.

I smile back, mockingly. I look back at the girl and see her already looking at me. I immediately look forward.

Shit.

~Lunch~
"Dude we need to figure out our plan for after school." Cam tells me as we go into the lunch line.

"I can't. Apparently, I already have plans." I tell him as I pick my food.

"Can I get the hamburger?" I ask.

The lady smiles and gives me the burger. I smile back.

"Well, just tell her you have to handle business. Salad please." He tells the lady.

We pay for our lunch then we look around for a table.

"You know she doesn't like it when I cancel on her. She'll get mad." I tell him.

"You don't like her anyways. What does it matter?" He tells me.

"She doesn't know that." I say.

I look around and see that the girl from earlier threw away her food except her apple and walked out.

"Let's go." I say as I nod my head towards the exit.

We both start walking towards the door. We walk out and I follow the girl while Cam follows me.

"Where are we going?" Cam asks.

"We're going to find out who that girl is." I tell him.

"Why does it matter who she is?" He asks me.

I see that the girl entered the library.

"Because I get a weird vibe from her." I tell him as we go into the library.

We go in and we nod and smile at the librarian. I look around and see the girl sit at a table that's in the way back.

"I get the same vibe but I could say the same thing about people we don't know. I want to eat." He tells me.

"Just give me a sec." I whispered.

We walk up towards her table. As we were walking, I heard a lot of 'hey shawn'. i nodded at them. We stand in front of her and I clear my throat. She looks up and takes off 1 earphone.

"Can I help you?" She asks us sarcastically.

"Uhh well we saw you in our first, second, and fourth and we realized that we've never seen you here before. Are you new?" I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and sits back in her chair.

"What's it to you?" She sasses.

"Well, we just like meeting new people and making new friends. Is it ok if we sit here?" Cam asks while already sitting in one of the chairs.