46 -"Have you ever just stared out into space and just thought?"

•Ashley's POV•
"Shawn! We've been driving forever. When can I take off this blindfold?" I whine.

"Calm down. We've only been driving for 30 minutes. We're almost there." He says.

It stays quiet for awhile and I hate it.

"Can we at least listen to music?" I ask.

"Nope." He says.

"Whyyy?" I whine.

"Because we're here." He says.

Suddenly, I feel the car stop. I hear his door open then close. I feel my door open and he grabs my hand. I carefully climb out and he closes the door. We walk on the sidewalk until I feel like the floor is sinking.

"Shawn, where are we?" I ask.

"Hold on." He says.

"I'm gonna fall." I tell him as I try stepping on whatever I'm stepping on.

All of a sudden, I feel myself getting lifted and in his arms.

"I didn't mean that you carry me." I tell him.

"But I like to." He says.

He walks for a couple minutes until he stops and sets me down.

"Alright. Take off the blindfold now." He says.

I take off the blindfold and see a table in the sand with a beach view in the back.

"Shawn, this is beautiful!" I say.

He turns me around and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Not as gorgeous as you." He says.

I blush and smile shyly.

"Come on. Let's go eat before it gets cold." He says.

He walks me to the table and opens the chair for me to sit. I sit down and he pushes me in. He sits in his seat then he unveils the plates.

"Voila." He says.

On the plate, it's my two favorite foods. Cheeseburger and onion rings.

"Shawn! This makes me so happy." I say.

"I know. I asked Lucy if she could make them for me." He says.

I frown a little.

"Don't worry. I didn't forget about the milkshakes." He says as he takes out some chocolate milkshakes out of the cooler that's under the table.

My smile grows big.

"You're the best." I tell him.

"I know." He says as he flips his imaginary hair.

We both laugh then we started eating. We started talking and laughing. When we finished eating and started drinking our shakes, I moved my chair close to his so I could rest my head on his shoulder and look at the view.

"I've never really enjoyed a sunset before. It's so beautiful." I tell him.

"Is that true? You've never enjoyed a sunset?" He asks.

I nod.

"I guess I was always so busy. I never found time to just relax and enjoy something this beautiful." I say.

"I need to take you out more often." He tells me.

I sip my milkshake and swallow before speaking.

"Have you ever just stared out into space and just thought?" I ask.

"All the time." He says.

"What kind of thoughts?" I ask as I take another sip of my shake.

"About the gang. My friends. My family. My life. But mostly. . .you." He says.

He looks at me.

"Me? Why me?" I ask, shocked.

"What? You don't believe me?" He asks.

"No, it's just. . .no one has ever thought or cared about me. Every guy that I've been with has either used me or left me. It wasn't until Jack that I felt like I belonged. That is until he cheated on me and hit me." I say.

I feel his arm go around me and he pulls me in even more.

"You know I have a system with my heart." I tell him.

"What's that?" He asks.

"I used to think there was a point in life where you can be 100% broken. I started building my walls after the whole. . .situation happened. My walls started getting stronger in high school. From 1st semester to half of second semester of 9th grade, I dated a guy who ended up using me for a bet. 25% of my wall got stronger. From the beginning of first semester to the end of that semester in 10th grade, I dated a guy who wanted nothing but sex. 25% more of my wall got stronger. From half of second semester of 10th grade to the end of first semester of 11th grade, I was really in love with this guy but I guess he was in bad things and he ended up getting murdered. In my mind, he left me so 25% of my wall got stronger. I was at 75% when I met Jack. After him, I thought that I was indestructible. I thought that no one was gonna be able to break me. Then, you came in and destroyed that wall like nothing. I guess I never really reached 100%." I say.

"I broke your walls?" He asks.

I nod.

"You never gave up on me even when I told you to. You stayed with me. It's such a surprise to me." I say.

"Ashley, I care so much about you. I remember the first time I saw you, you were so mysterious and I couldn't figure you out. All I knew was that you had to be different than all these girls. All those guys that used you, are stupid. They never knew that they had such a beautiful person by there side." He says.

I blush.

Thank god he can't see me.

"Is that what you think of me?" I ask.

"That you're beautiful? Hell yea. You're beautiful, smart, know how to defend yourself, you don't make anyone feel excluded and you're thoughtful. You're everything I could ever ask for." He says.

I smile.

"That's why I brought you here." He says.

He lets go of me and stands up. I put my cup on the table and look up at him.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Ashley, this sunset reminds me of you. It's beauty, the colors and the brightness. You lighten my world and make me all warm inside. I know we're from different sides but I don't want that to stop us. Plus, I think our parents are starting to like us. My question to you is, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

My mouth goes wide.

He's asking me out. Oh my gosh!

"Yes, of course!" I yell.

He smiles wide. I shoot out of my chair and attack him with a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up. I laugh.

Today is the happiest day of my life.

________________________
A/N

The moment you've all been waiting for.

They finally got together.

Ashley was never fully broken after all.

Hope you enjoyed.

Please vote and comment what you think!

xx