41 -"I'm sorry for shooting you."

•Cameron's POV•
"Hello son." The man says.

I don't say anything as I look back in front of me.

"I'm gonna go back to the hospital to check on your mom." Shawn says as he stands up.

He walks up to my dad and gives him a hug. Then, he walks away. My dad comes around.

"Can I sit?" He asks.

I nod. It's quiet between us. I'm just looking at all the little kids that are running around and playing with each other. Then, he speaks up.

"I know this is a lot to take in. I just want you to know that this isn't your mother's fault. It was my idea and my plan. She wasn't involved." He tells me.

I nod but don't talk.

"Scream, shout, hit or do something to me. I want you to let it all out." He tells me.

I stay still and keep looking around. He sighs.

"Okay, I'll talk. I want to apologize for everything. For leaving you, Sierra and your mom. For all the pain that I caused. For everything. I'm sincerely sorry." He says.

"Don't." I mumble under my breath.

"What?" He asks.

"Don't! Don't apologize for this. No amount of apologies can fix this major wound that you left." I say.

He nods.

"I understand but it's a good start." He says.

I shake my head.

"No, it's not. I'm going back to the hospital." I say as I stand up.

He stands up too.

"I'll go with." He says.

"What about all the people?" I ask.

"It's time for me to come out." He says.

I roll my eyes and start walking towards the hospital. A few minutes later, we get there and head inside. We receive a few shocked stares but I ignore them and head to the elevator. I get in and so does my father. I press the floor and wait. The doors open and I walk out. I get to the room and open the door to find Sierra, Shawn and Mr. Mendes inside.

"Cam. Where have you been?" Mr. Mendes ask.

I open the door wider and my dad steps in. Mr. Mendes' face goes shock.

"D-Dan?" He stutters.

"Hey Manuel." My dad says.

I close the door and walk towards Sierra who was also shocked. I bring her in a side hug. I look at my mom and she has sadness in her eyes as she looks at me. I nod my head at her and mouth 'it's okay'. She nods and when she looks at my dad, her eyes light up.

"B-but how?" Mr. Mendes asks.

Let's talk outside." My dad says as he puts his arm around Mr. Mendes' shoulder.

They walk out and close the door. I let go of Sierra and walk to my mom's side. I grab her hand.

"I'm sorry I walked away like that. I just had to process it." I tell her.

She nods.

"No, I understand. Did you. . .did you talk to him?" She asks.

She had pleading eyes as if telling me to tell her that me and him are good. I couldn't tell her that things were bad so. . .

"Yea. Everything is good." I give her a small smile.

I look up at Shawn and see him shaking his head.

He knows I'm lying.

A few minutes later, we hear Mr. Mendes yelling. After that, they both came walking in with smiles.

"Is everything ok?" My mom asks.

"Yea. He just needed to let off some anger." My dad answers back.

He walks up to the side that I'm at and immediately I let go of her hand and walk to where Shawn and Sierra are. My dad looks at me before looking down at my mom. He grabs her hand and brings it up to his lips to kiss it.

"I'm sorry for shooting you." He says.

I roll my eyes.

"It's nothing. I've been through worse." She says.

He smiles at her. He looks up at us. He lets go of mom's hand and walks towards us. He grabs Sierra's hand and I have some reflex to grab his hand and take it away but I stop myself before doing so.

"Sierra. You've grown so much." He tells her.

I can see that Sierra is on the verge of crying.

"Come here." He says.

Just like that, he brings Sierra in for a hug and she cries into his chest.

Oh god.

"It's okay now. You'll be okay. I'm back now. I'm here to stay this time." He says.

I roll my eyes.

Things cannot go back to the way they were. I know they can't.

~1 week later~
Liz and Ashley are coming back today. They said that they had a lot of fighting to do. They also said they would tell us how it went when they come back. Me and Shawn headed to the airport with two bouquets of flowers and a cake that says 'congrats' because we can feel that they won. We had these big smiles on our faces until. . .

"How are things going between you and your dad?" Shawn asks.

I frown. Me and my dad haven't really spoken to each other. After my mother was able to go home, everyone acted like nothings ever happen. My mom and Sierra act like he never left and it's killing me. I only talk to him at some points because of my mom.

"Not good if me bringing it up did that." He says as he points at my face.

"Let's just focus on getting my girl and your soon-to-be girl." I say as I nudge his shoulder and smile again.

This past week, Shawn has been planning on how to ask Ashley out with the help of my wonderful girlfriend. Tonight is the night that he plans on asking her. He's gonn-you know what? I'll let you find out later.

"Look, there's parking." I say as I point.

He parks and we both get out. We get our flowers and Shawn got the cake.

"You got it?" I ask.

He nods. We walk in and go to the section they were coming from. When we get there, we see Ryan, Mason, and two other guys next to them.

"Hey Ryan, Mason, Tom and Jasper." Shawn says as he nods to them.

"Hey. Are those for Ash?" Ryan asks.

"Yea. The cake is for the case. I'm 100% sure they won." He tells them.

Ryan nods.

"Let me hold that for you." He offers.

Shawn gives the cake to Ryan. I turn when I hear my name. I didn't get to see who it was because they ran up to me and hugged me, wrapping their legs around my waist.

"I missed you so much." They say.

I laugh and wrap my arms around Liz and spin her around.

"I missed you too baby." I say and now, I feel complete again.

________________________
A/N

It seems as if Cam and his father need to talk.

Also. . .Ashley's back.

Yay!

Hope you enjoyed.

Please vote and comment what you think!

xx