32 -"Are you trying to get me killed?"

•Ashley's POV•
"How are you feeling?" My dad asks as Shawn closes the door.

"I feel kinda sore but I'll be ok. Why weren't you guys here when I woke up?" I ask.

They look at each other then back at me.

"We had some. . .business to take care of." My dad says.

I automatically knew what they were talking about.

"Where's Jack?"

Their eyes go wide and they look at me like I'm crazy.

"Why do you want to know?" Dylan asks.

"That 'business' that you guys are talking about, I know what it is." I say.

They looked down.

"So, I'll ask again. Where is Jack?" I repeat.

They both stay quiet and none of them look up. I start to get a little impatient with them.

"Someone better answer before I blow. And you know that's not a pretty view." I raise my voice a little bit.

Dylan sighs deeply.

"Let's just say we took care of him." He says.

"What about the other guy?" I hesitantly ask.

Their eyes go wide again.

"They said you didn't remember." My dad says as he walks closer to me.

"I would've thought that Liz would've told you I was lying." I tell them.

The room stays silent.

"Just tell me what you guys did to him." I say.

"You want the truth or the sugar coated truth?" Dylan asks me.

"The truth truth." I say.

"We killed him." My dad says.

I have no reaction. I just nod. We drop the whole topic and start talking about something else. Later on, they told me that they didn't kill Jack. They just gave him a beating and sent him back to Seattle. I was relieved. Even though he hurt me, I still wanted no harm to him.

"Alright well Tiffany said we could take you home. You have this whole weekend to rest. Then on Monday, you go back to school." My dad tells me.

I groan.

"That's one thing I didn't miss while I was away." I say.

They both laugh. Then, the door opens and Shawn comes in.

"Shawn, do you mind helping her to the car?" My dad asks him.

"Of course sir." Shawn says as he walks up to me.

"I don't need help, dad." I tell him.

"I know." He says as he smiles at me.

Him and Dylan walk out.

"You ready?" Shawn asks me.

I roll my eyes playfully.

"Yes Shawn, I'm ready. Take me away my knight in shining armor." I say as I raise my arms up.

He shakes his head and smiles. He grabs me and carries me bridal style. Don't worry. I'm not naked. I'm wearing some old sweats and a big t-shirt. We get to the car and he settles me in the back. We stay there talking as Dylan and my dad were putting some bags in the trunk. They slam the trunk close and they both walk to each side of the car.