12 -"We need to talk."

~the next day~
•Ashley's POV•
"Ashley!" I hear someone yell my name.

I turn around and see Shawn waving at me. I roll my eyes and keep walking to the library. I go inside and sit in the way back. I put my stuff down on the table and sit on the chair. I'm about to take out my homework, when I hear the seat in front of me screech.

"Ashley! We need to talk." He tells me.

"There's nothing to talk about." I tell him as I take out my books.

"Ashley! Come on. You can't tell me that was nothing." He whispers the last sentence.

I look up at him through my eyelashes and see his expression. He has hope in his eyes.

"Hey Ashl-" Liz stops when she sees Shawn.

"Hey Shawn. How are you doing?" She asks him.

"I'm fine. A little sore but I'll survive." He tells her as he looks over at me. 

I look up at them and see Mason with a mad expression.

"I'm gonna go find Ryan." He says before leaving.

Liz takes a seat next to me.

"Don't mind him. He's just mad because of what happened between Ryan and your friend over here." She said, pointing to Shawn.

"How is he, anyways?" I ask her.

"He's a little messed up but it's nothing he can't handle. He's beating himself up because of what he did to you though." She tells me.

I nod my head.

"Yea. Well, just tell him I'm fine." I say.

She nods her head. I look over at Shawn and see his facial expression turn a little sad.

"I'm gonna go get a book. I'll be right back." I say as I get up and head towards the bookshelves.

I'm looking around and start thinking about what happened yesterday.

*flashback*
I'm pissed.

I push away the people in front of me to get to the boys. When I get to the front, I see Shawn on top of Ryan. Ryan pushes Shawn off of him, stands up and puts his arms up with his hands in fists. Shawn stands up and gets in the same position. I look at their faces and see cuts all over their faces along with a few bruises . They started punching each other and that's when I decide to go in.

"What the hell is going on here!" I yell at them but they ignore me as they continue to fight.

I see an opening and go in between. Bad decision. I get in the middle of them and I'm about to yell when I feel pain across my face. I hold my eye and look up to see Ryan shocked. I turn around to Shawn and see his face shocked too.

"What's going on? What's the big hy-" My dad stops when he sees me holding my eye.

Dylan comes out from behind and sees the scene in front of them.

"Everyone back to work!" My dad screams.

Everyone scatters. Dylan goes to me and looks down at me.

"You ok?" He asks me.

I nod.

"Go make sure that Ryan is ok. I'm gonna take Shawn to the hall and patch him up." I say as I grab Shawn's arm.