26 -"Just know that I'll be here for you."

•Ashley's POV•
"Kids! Dinner is ready!" Mrs. Mendes yells.

We all stand up and Shawn intertwines his hand with mine. Aaliyah goes in first and then me and Shawn follow. We go into the dinning room and Shawn goes and opens up the chair for me. I thank him and sit in the chair as he lightly pushes me in. He sits in the seat next to mine. His dad comes out of his office. He sits at the end of the table he sat at last time.

"Nice to see you again, sir." I speak up.

He looks over at me and nods. Mrs. Mendes finishes the last plate of food and then sits at the other end of the table.

"Alright. Let's eat." She says.

We all start to dig in and it's silent for a couple minutes. Then, Mr. Mendes speaks.

"First off, I would like to apologize for my behavior towards you. That was rude of me and I should've never acted that way towards you." He says.

I chew my food before saying, "It's fine. I mean, Shawn should've told you who I was to begin with."

He nods.

"Yes, he should've."

He looks at Shawn. Shawn looks up from his plate and looks at all of us with his mouth full of food.

"What?" He asks with his mouth full.

I laugh a little. His dad smiles and we all continue eating. Once we finished, his mom starts to collect the plates.

"Here, let me help you clean up." I say as I start to stand up.

"Oh thank you." She says.

I collect mine and Shawn's plate while she grabbed Aaliyah's and Mr. Mendes's plate along with hers. We both go to the kitchen and put them in the sink. She turns on the water and we start washing the dishes.

"You know, when we would have Cristina over for dinner, she would never offer to help clean. She would just stay by Shawn's arm. You don't know how much I hated that he was with her." She tells me.

I laugh at the last sentence.

"Well, Caroline always taught me to have manners when I'm in someone else's home. Plus, I like offering my services." I say.

She nods. We finish washing the dishes and we start to dry our hands.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but, who is Caroline?" She asks.

I mentally sigh.

"She's. . .my mom." I say.

"Why do you call your mother by her name? It sounds like you guys got along." She asks.

"We did. She was my hero but things happened after my dad left that changed my vision on her. It was hard for me to admit but I lost my mother." I tell her.

I look up at her and see her eyes are sad and tears are about to come out.

"Oh no. Please don't be sad. It's fine. I'm fine now." I tell her as I go up to her and rub her arms.

She opens up her arms and embraces me in a hug.

"Just know that I'll be here for you." She tells me.

I pull away from her.

"How do you know that I'm not just gonna leave?" I ask.

"Because I know that Shawn won't let you go that easily." She says.

I nod and we both walk back into the dining room. I sit next to Shawn and Mrs. Mendes was about to sit back in her seat when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." She says as she walks out of the dining room.

"So, Ashley, I really want to get to know you. Tell me about yourself." He tells me.

"What do you want to know, sir?" I ask.

"Well, where did yo-"

The door opens and we see Mrs. Mendes come in. She looks terrified. I look behind her and see someone I never thought I would see again.

"Jack." I whisper under my breath.

Mr. Mendes stands up immediately.

"Karen!" He shouts.

They both fully come in. I see that Jack has a gun pointed at Mrs. Mendes.

"Sit down." He orders Mr. Mendes.

I look at Shawn and he looks mad. I look over at Aaliyah and see her scared. She looks over at me and I mouth 'It's gonna be okay'. She nods. I look at Mr. Mendes and see that he doesn't want to sit down but he wants to go over and hold his wife.

Stand up. The only reason he's here is for you. Don't let these good people get hurt.

I stand up.

"Mr. Mendes. Please sit down." I say.

He looks at me. He fights me a little with his eyes but then gives up and sits down. I look at Jack.

"Let her go. She has nothing to do with this. This family has nothing to do with this." I say.

Jack looks at me and smirks. I feel something grab my hand. I look down and see Shawn holding my hand and looking up at me. I mouth 'It's okay'. I shake off his hand and walk up to Jack.

"Let her go." I say.

He hesitated but pushes her forward. She runs to Mr. Mendes's side. Jack looks at me.

"Wow. You haven't changed a bit." He says as he tries to touch my cheek.

I move my head away. He pulls back his hand.

"Are you gonna fight me again?" He asks.

I shake my head. He goes behind me and points the gun behind me.

"Let's pretend that nothing happened here and you guys were just having a nice family dinner. Ok?" He tells them.

We are about to walk out when Shawn stands up.

"You're not gonna take her." He says.

Jack turns back to him and laughs.

"No one will stop me." He says.

He then looks at me and says, "Not even your little squad out in the front."

My eyes go wide.

"What did you do to them?" I yell.

"Don't worry. I just knocked them out. Let's go." He says and he pushes me out the door.

We walk out of the house and we get in his car. I get in the passenger's seat while he ran over to the driver's seat. He starts the car then pulls out of the driveway and drives away. I pull out my phone without him noticing and turn on my tracker. Then, I put it back in my pocket.

I hope they find me.

________________________
A/N

Oh no.

They took Ashley.

But who's Jack?

It seems as if she knows who he is.

Hope you enjoyed. xx