B2-ten

Tony had to stay in Wakanda for a week until he finally got to go back home. He dreaded having to tell Pepper about Winter, he could not do it over the phone so now he's waiting for her to come back to break the news.

He told everyone to leave him alone on his floor. They were being respectful in all their different states of mourning. When he walked off the elevator there was a stillness in the room, once where it was full of life it turned dull and pointless.

Tony walked to his room and then back out, he did not really want to rest right now. He walked the floor, looking at everything and ended up finding himself mid-step going into Winters room. He retracted his hand as if the knob has burned him.

He took a few testing steps inside of the room that now went without its owner, he did not make it far and sat himself on the middle of Winters bed. Everything about the room screamed Winter all over, it showed her progress most importantly of how she managed to learn so much in the span of a little more than a year.

As he went to adjust his leg on the bed he heard it creak and noticed an unevenness to the mattress. Tony frowned and pushed at the bump, then got off the bed and crouched down to lift the mattress up.

"What do we have here." He whispered, seeing a notebook with extra papers stuffed inside. He'd seen one like this before, only it belonged to Steve. Tony did not remember Winter ever getting one of these, and could not recall anyone else doing so either. So it came as a shock to find one.

Tony did not know why he looked around the room before opening the notebook, as if it's owner would catch him reading it. He sighed and began reading, starting off on the front page, there was writing, not neat, and though all over the place it appeared to be in some kind of organized style.

One

Notes:
—Being confused is okay, just ask someone for help.
•Happy says he doesn't like to help, but he does anyway
•Everything is still new, i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶
—Happiness is a good thing.
It feels nice, and warm
•Pepper and tony make me happy
•Happiness feels good

Tony cracked a sad smile at the words, and continued to the next page.

Two

People:
—Hotdog guy is named Gary
h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶d̶o̶g̶
Gary is nice
—Bird lady in the park is named Susan
•She lets me feed birds with her
—Cane lady is still not really nice, she told me her name today, it's Frankie
•I help her go home sometimes
I saw Rae today, she was happy
—Not all people are mean.

Tony drew in a breath as he turned the page in the book. His eyes fixating on the page that turned into pages, filling up every single white space on the pages.

Three

Tony:
—He doesn't know I have this book
—I like it, he likes technology a lot more
—He shows me how to use it
I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶ it's fun

He chuckled at the crossed out words. His fingers tracing them, and then his eyes continuing down.

—Tony is the best Dad
•He's my favorite
•Iron man is cool, but I like Dad far more
•We sneak ice cream when Pepper sleeps
•His favorite color is red
(presents are given on Christmas, and I have the perfect gift for him) I̶ ̶h̶i̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶
—I don't think he likes Captain America
—I love my Dad, I haven't said it yet, it's not time?