A Fresh Start

Edited!

A/N: The Almost Dead is officially on hiatus. I just didn't feel any real interest in writing the story, not like this and my other one. Also, this is an early update! LOVE ME!!! Still, expect the next chapter on Monday.

ANDY

Someone was shaking me, pulling me from the sweet slumber with Scarlet. I looked up to se Dean smiling at me. "Looks like you two got cozy," he said. If he were one of the guys, I would have flipped him off, but he was Scar's best friend and I really needed him to like me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Approximately 2:48 am. Those guys are hammered and need a ride home," he said, handing my my keys. "Don't worry about Scar. Just take her to her bed and leave her a note or something." He began to run into the kitchen, my guess trying to stop Jake from eating all of their food.

I picked Scarlet up, who was surprisingly light for a girl her age, and carried her to what I suspected to be her room. Since she lived in an apartment, all of the walls were white, but were covered in not band posters, but old records. She had everything from Aerosmith to Queen on vinyl, all surrounding a desk. I looked over to her other wall to see instruments galore. This girl had a guitar, a cello, a violin, a bass (both kinds), and an electric piano. On the other walls were her bed, adorned with grey, black, and white sheets. Next to the door that I entered through was a fairly small closet.

I gently placed her down on the bed, covering her with a small blue blanket with white wales on them. It looked as if she had had it since she was a child. I walked over to her desk to find some suitable stationary, and began to write.

SCARLET

I was missing the warmth. A sudden wave of sadness hit me when I realized that Andy wasn't with me. I was in my bed, alone. I rose and stretched. A small piece of paper caught my eye on the pillow next to me. It was folded in half and read Scarlet. A smile took to my face when I realized that he left this for me.

I opened the letter and smiled even more.

'I am so sorry that I had to leave, Scar, but the guys needed a ride home. I can't wait to see you again and I'll pick you up at 4:00. Dress casual. ~Andy'

By now my heart was racing. He was way to nice, and I could already tell that this date was going to go well. There was a sinking feeling in my chest at the realization of that. Was I ready for a relationship? I know what happened with my last one. We were together since the summer after freshman year in high school, voted most likely to get married in the yearbook. I really did love him. Even then, I wasn't good enough. What makes me stand a chance with Andy Biersack? Could I trust someone like Andy, who could have any girl he wanted? Can I trust myself to let go of the past.

No.

I wasn't ready.

But maybe he'd understand?

Maybe he'd wait. If he cared enough he would. I could only hope.

I looked over to the clock to realize it was already noon. Damn my inability to wake up early! I walked into the bathroom and took a shower, allowing the water to wash away all of the tension and fear.

~~~

Four o'clock rolled around, and I nervously played with moon pendant. I had pulled on something casual, but cute. I fitted grey tank, red and black flannel shirt, black shorts, black combat boots, and a black beanie. My makeup was the usual cat eye and red lipstick which I carried in my canvas backpack.

A/N: Link to Scar's outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/essentials/set?id=130254645

There were three knocks at the door. I slung my bag over my shoulder and opened the door to see a very tall man. "Hey. You ready?" Andy asked. I nodded and said by to Dean. He had woken up a few minutes before me, complaining about a splitting headache. He flipped me off at my loudness and we headed out.