An Old Fear Returns

Edited!

A/N: So I know that this story isn't the most romantic, but I do have plans. LOTS OF PLOT TWISTS. This chapter, however, will focus on the pasts of everyone. Thanks!

DEAN

I really wasn't that concerned about Scar's whereabouts. I knew she was with Andy, and I knew that he would take care of her. She needed a guy like Andy, I could only provide her with so much. There was a time when I thought that I could be her other half, that I could be her Andy. All throughout high school, I prayed for her to get rid of that jerk and come running into my arms. It was when it actually happened that I realized I wasn't strong enough for her. I thought he was just a douche but it wasn't until I found out what he did that I really solidified my judgement. She needed someone on the outside who would love her all the same, not me who grew up with her.

Her brother, Tobias, did all he could to fix her back in New York where it happened. They had gotten away from their wretched parents (all of us did) and went to chase their dreams. I had come to LA to get into the music industry. I knew that was what she really wanted, but he forced her to go a separate way. She really wanted to play guitar, but he insisted they settle down. Little did we know, he was banging another slut for nearly a year, and the only reason why he went to New York is because she was there.

I heard the front door open and Scar say goodbye to Andy. A sound that resembles a kiss told me that they had stopped with this 'taking it slow' bull crap. Good.

"Whats up Deany-Weany," she said, ruffling my hair and taking the spot next to me on the couch. She looked absolutely radiant (in the I'm-her-best-friend-not-at-all-anything-romantic kind of way.

"Nothing much. New episode of pawn stars," I responded. she gave a loud 'oooooh' and grabbed the bear out of my hand and took a sip.

"What did I tell you about the morning drinking?" she scolded. Hah. Such a hypocrite.

"You're my best friend," blasted her phone. That's my girl; a healthy obsession with Queen and ring tones. This one was only set to two people; me and Riley.

"What's up Riles. How's the big apple treating you?" she asked.

"Cut the crap, Scar. Why the hell is your face on the YouTube homepage?"

"What?" Oh shit. Yea, we forgot to tell her.

"Check your laptop," Riley giggled. Scar pulled out her from the coffee table and opened the browser. She typed in 'YouTube,' and sure enough, there was her face, plastered on the front page. The video of her playing the cello already had 5 million views. She clicked on it to confirm that it in fact was her. Yup.

Scarlet's head turned to me like the exorcist. She was pissed. "DEAN?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!!"

"Oops," I responded, shrugging my shoulders. I dropped my beer, ran into my room, and locked the door. Boy was I in deep shit.

"Open the door, Dean," she said. She was no longer yelling, but I had heard that tone before. She was going to skin me alive.

"Hey, look on the bright side. You're famous!"

"Jesus Christ, did it not occur to you that Michael could have see that? He could find me, Dean!" There was panic laced in her tone, now. Shit. I didn't think of him seeing that. If he found her, he would kill her. Sure, if the band blew up, there was no doubt that he would try to come back, but at least then she would have protection from that monster.

I slowly creaked open the door to meet her scared face. I knew that if she even came within 100 feet of Michael, she would probably have a panic attack. "I promise that he won't come near you. Maybe we should tell-"

"No! We can't tell Andy, or the rest of BVB for that matter. They'll just freak out. I'll probably loose Andy. You know what they say about girls who carry to much baggage?" I guess she REALLY liked Andy.

"Ok. But if we take down the video, it will be worse. People will start to talk. We just need to play it cool. You should call Riley. Maybe she can keep an eye on him." I knew the validation of him staying put would help her sleep at night.

"You're right. I'll call her later."

SCARLET

Fuck. There was no way the he wouldn't try to find me. After I left him, he kept calling me, threatening me to come back or he'd find me and kill me. I had gotten a new phone, deleted all of my social media, and changed the spelling of my first name from 'Scarlett' to 'Scarlet'. I couldn't risk running into him again. Knowing his nature, he would just drag me back to New York and beat me.

I stripped off yesterday's clothes and hopped into the mildly-scalding water. I grabbed the shampoo out of my bath caddy and began to lather my hair. Maybe I could visit the salon?

A/N: I had 1,526 words right here, went to edit on my phone and the rest of the story was deleted. I'm sorry, it was really good. I'm going to try and update tomorrow when I'm not so upset, but I can't continue to type. Once again, so sorry.