Sleep Talking

SCARLET

"Mom, Dad!" Andy exclaimed as his parents opened the door. He left his bags at his side as he hugged a small woman with reddish-brown hair. Next to her stood a tall man with a BVB baseball cap.

Andy pulled away and gave his father a quick hug.

"Mom, Dad, this is Scarlet." he gestured to me as I shrank under the gaze of the two people who's opinions mattered at the moment.

Andy wrapped his arms around me in a awkward side hug as I let out a small, "Hello."

"Oh darling, come 'ere," the woman said as she pulled me away from Andy and into a hug. His father's cheats rumbled as he let out a throaty laugh. It took me a second, but I hugged back.

"Amy, please. You're scarin' the poor thing," he said.

"Be quiet Chris. She's apart of the family now," Amy said as she pulled away, slapping Chris on the chest.

Andy pulled me back into his arms and smiled.

"Well come on in! It's freezing out there," said Amy, noting the snow. I slung my guitar bag over my shoulder as Chris helped with the luggage, grabbed the last bag, and entered the home.

It wasn't large, or maybe it could have been, but I couldn't tell. There walls and tables were covered in small pictures. There were ones of Andy, Andy with his parents, and just pictures of his parents.

Andy came around be hind me and slid off my jacket. I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" He asked, laughing. I hit him in the arm lightly and slid off my converse. Andy did the same, grabbed my hand, and led me to the couch.

Amy and Chris were truly amazing. I finally knew what real parents were suppose to be like. They asked me questions, and when they got answers, they actually seemed interested. I was able to have a decent conversation with them.

After dinner, Andy and I headed to his room to sleep. I slid off my clothes, as did he. I looked around at the posters and CDs that covered his room. When I didn't expect it, Andy pulled me into his lap. His lips connected with my neck and I let out a small moan.

"They love you, baby. Not that I didn't think they would." He continued to suck and nip at my neck, leaving small little love bites in all the right places.

"I love you Andy."

"I love you too, Scar."

AMY

"I've never seen him so happy, Chris. Not even with Scout," I said. It was amazing to see how even a slight glance at her can light up his eyes.

"I'm proud of him. He found himself a nice girl."

"They really are in love. Do you think... maybe... he'll propose to her?"

"It's possible. I've never seen any two people that in love," he added, grabbing the dishes I had just washed and dried them.

When the dishes were done, Chris and I snuck upstairs to check in the two. The door was slightly ajar, so we peeked in.

Andy and Scarlet were under the blankets, curled up and holding onto each other for dear life. She was snuggle into his bare chests as his arms wrapped around her. He gripped onto her as if someone was going to take her away from him.

Scarlet turned around and Andy held on tighter to her. He buried his head in her blonde hair, nuzzling into her. "A-nndy," she mumbled.

"Mhmm, Scar-let."

"Awwwh, Chris!" I whisper-yelled.

He smiled and we walked to bed, my mind clouded with the thought of my son being in love with a girl who I knew was good for him.

ANDY

"Shit," I said as I walked down the stairs, almost tripping on the last step. When I woke up, Scarlet wasn't there. She usually wakes up after me.

"Hey honey," my mother said as I walked into the kitchen. She was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee, chatting with Scarlet.

I went to the coffee pot and poured myself a cup. I sat down next to Scar, placing an arm around her shoulder. I kissed her cheek and watched her blush.

"So what nationality are you, Scarlet?" my mother asked.

"Well my dad is British and my mom is Italian, so I'm 50/50."

"Well the Italian really shines through darling, you're gorgeous! Your eyes are so green!"

"Thank you," she said quietly.

"Oh darling, you're too sweet!" she giggled, and then her phone started ringing. Her eyes got wide as she looked down at the Id.

"Oh god."