Does Coffee Sound Good?

Maia's POV:

Alex disappeared into the darkness of the road, leaving me completely dumbfounded on my own. It took me a while to get back to my senses, had he just flirted with me with my boyfriend a couple of steps away from us? God, this boy had no boundaries. Still, in a way it had been effective as to leave me speechless, strangely. I don't think I wanted to feel charmed by Alex Turner ever again, though.

"Maia, are you alright?" I heard James calling from behind. I quickly turned around to face him, and saw he had his car keys hanging from his hand. Was he planning on leaving me?

"Uhh, yeah. Let's just go back inside" I said walking towards him, but he stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Actually, I'm leaving, Maia"

"What? Leaving? Why?" I asked bewildered.

"Well, I didn't know you had company already, so I'm guessing my presence won't be necessary tonight" Of course the jealousy scene form Jay's part had to arrive, I knew I had it coming.

"You're not giving me one of your scenes again, James. Seriously, get over it! He's just a guy who was with me at dinner, one of Collin's clients, for God's sake! He just gave me a fucking lift, James!" I shouted at him, I'd lost my patience. I'd had way too many events similar to this one with James, and I wasn't up for one of them tonight.

"Me, a scene? I'm just taking care of you, Maia"

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit. In which moment exactly were you taking care of me? Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know if I've missed something when we decided to start this relationship. Do I have to ask for permission whenever I want to hang out with someone? Am I not allowed to be around guys that aren't you? Come on, you really need to get over your jealousy problem, James" Alex's words from before came flooding to my mind: you're harsh, you're an actual mean woman. Well, maybe I was, so what? I seriously couldn't believe what James was saying to me, and I was in no way his possession. I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I pleased, whether he liked it or not.

"Fuck off, Maia! I've been trying to call you all night long to check on you...-"

"Well, I'm sorry I didn't have time to answer your call, but my horse could have died tonight!" I interrupted him. He was mixing events and I was in no way letting him get away with it.

"Whatever, Maia, good night" He said as he started walking to his car.

"Seriously? Are you actually leaving me here on my own? Do you know how dangerous this could be?"

"Well, you can try giving Alex a call. I'm sure he'll show right up your doorstep, he'll be more than glad to join you tonight" He spat with hatred, without looking at me as he talked.

"Fine! Do as you fucking please, James!" I yelled. I didn't give him time to answer, I hurried inside the barn and shut the doors, probably waking all the horses up. I cried for what must have been the millionth time in the night and got inside Zodiac's stall, petting his face. At least he was doing better.

Alex's POV:

I got home at around four in the morning, totally devastated. Twister was overjoyed to see me, but I barely paid him any attention, as I went straight to bed. The only thing I remembered doing before passing out was checking my phone. I had two missed calls from Collin and one from Miles, I was going to call them in the morning, they must have been worried about Maia. I must have been so into this eventful night, I'd never actually heard my phone buzzing in my pocket. What surprised me the most though, was another message from Arielle.