The Storm

Maia's POV:

I couldn't help smiling to myself as I cooked, knowing that Alex was in the room next door, very entertained in a conversation with my brothers. What he had gone through for me was simply unbelievable, and I was also extremely proud of Marco as well, who had changed his mind about my proposal of taking Alex out to party. It looked like they had both enjoyed last night so much, no matter how hammered my brother ended up getting, and I was overjoyed to know they had kind of formed a bond between them.

"Hey, Mai" I heard Val's voice calling for me. I turned around and saw him peeping his head behind the kitchen door, and I softly smiled at him.

"Hey, you're here at last"

"Yeah, I've got quite delayed" He said, walking up to me and kissing me on my cheek.

"It's ok, Val, I was just making lunch. The boys have just returned from riding the horses"

"Oh, it's nice to hear that" He exclaimed. "Do you think it will be too much of a bother if I asked you to cook for one more person?"

"Oh, I was already counting you in, you silly" I giggled.

"I'm not talking about me" He chuckled, and I furrowed my eyebrows doubtfully at him. "Thinking it twice, it would be two more people, actually"

"What are you talking about?"

"Close your eyes" He smirked. "I've got a surprise for you"

"Uhh... alright" I agreed, unsure of what he was plotting. I closed my eyes just as Val told me to wait for him, and I heard his footsteps making his way out of the room. "Val?" I asked, wondering where he had gone off to.

"Right here" He stated, entering the room once again. I could hear stiffened laughs, but I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination. "Someone has been begging me for days to bring her to see you again. You can look now, Mai" I did as my brother told me, and my jaw dropped open when I saw him standing next to his wife, both of them smiling widely at me. I gasped in surprise, taking my hands to my mouth, watching as they laughed at my face.

"So, do you mind cooking for my baby and me, Mai?" Del smiled at me, and I automatically got her into a tight embrace.

"Del, oh, my God!" I squealed. "Of course I don't mind! Hopefully, none of you is going to get poisoned after eating my food"

"Oh, shut up!" Del giggled. "How are you, Mai? You look so beautiful"

"Are you kidding me? How are you, Del? You're pregnant!"

"Surprisingly, I'm good!" She looked up to my brother, who was lovingly staring at her, which made my heart melt right away. They were so fucking cute together.

"God, I'm so happy for you, guys!" I added, hugging her again.

"Oh, Mai, I'm so glad you decided to come for a visit" Del whined. "I've been wanting to tell you for so long, I just needed to tell it to you in person, and I didn't know if you were ever going to come back"