The Newlyweds

Maia's POV:

Ever since Alex had proposed to me, there wasn't a day in which we wouldn't be talking or planning the wedding, for we could barely hide our excitement. We had agreed that we wanted it to take place at the estancia in Areco, because we both loved the place so much, and it was big enough to host all our guests. It was still quite a private wedding, we only wanted our families and greatest friends there, so it wasn't going to be overflowed with people. It was meant to be a fun and peaceful countryside event, and we had made sure to tell our guests that it wasn't necessary for them to be dressed in the most formal of clothes, but just cute summer dresses and casual suits, given that we were getting married in summer, and Areco was most surely going to be having warm days; not even Alex and I were planning on having smart outfits.

I had chosen Bella, Riley, Emma, Carla and Lola as my bridesmaids, and of course, Alex had chosen Nick, Jamie, Matt and Miles as his best men, and they had all organized our bachelor and bachelorette parties respectively, which had been absolutely insane. That had been a week ago, and after it, we all boarded a plane along with Alex's parents, ready to land in Buenos Aires. When we got to the estancia, I made sure to introduce everyone to my family, especially Alex's parents to my Dad, and they hit it off right away. Dad showed them all around the fields, and Penny and David were mesmerized by its beauty, asking my Dad all kinds of questions, which made him absolutely happy, because there was nothing that he loved more than explaining how all his hard work at the estancia had paid off.

"Who's the red head, little sis?" Marco whispered into my ear, briefly pointing towards Riley. She was chatting with the girls next to the pond, whilst I was introducing the lads to my brothers.

"That's Riley, one of my girlfriends form England" I explained. "I've told you about her, she studies with me at Writtle. Why? Do you like her?" I playfully smiled at him, just as he gave me an annoyed look.

"Don't be stupid" He hissed. "I was just asking because I've never seen her, that's all"

"Well, she thinks you're very handsome" I mumbled.