Gathered Around The Piano

Maia's POV:

I woke up to find myself alone in bed, so I slowly got myself dressed and stepped down the stairs, hearing strong male laughs getting louder the closer I got to the dining room. I was paralyzed in my spot when I saw Alex and my three brothers intensely engulfed in a conversation, which apparently had something to do with yesterday's match.

"What's going on here?" I asked suspiciously, and they all turned to look at me surprised. Were they seriously talking all together? My eyes travelled to meet Val's, and he smoothly winked at me, causing me to smile to myself.

"It was about time you woke up" Marco commented.

"You know I hate waking up early" I defended myself, making my way towards the table and taking a seat next to Alex. "Give me one of these" I ordered, taking a toast from Romeo's dish.

"Hey!" He complained, but I only shrugged at him.

"You do remember Dad's coming today, right, Mai?" Val questioned, making me stop dead in my tracks, before I could even chew on the toast that was midway to my mouth.

"Uhhhm..." I trailed off, placing the toast on my plate. "Yeah, I did remember" I nonchalantly replied, and I could hear Alex stiffening a laugh beside me.

"She didn't remember it at all" Marco spat, and I glared at him whilst Val shook his head.

"He's going to be here after lunch" Romeo said.

"Oh, cool" I mumbled. "Well, I'll be waiting for him, because I, obviously, haven't forgot" I declared. "Do you want to go outside, Al?" I inquired, feeling my stomach closing due to the anxiety that my Dad's return was causing me. I decided I wasn't going to be able to keep on eating, and seeing as Alex was already done with his breakfast, I thought it would be a good idea to go out and have some time for ourselves after so long.

"Sure" Alex agreed.

"Oh, off you go" Marco blurted out. "Run away from the guilt that's eating you away for having forgot about Dad coming back, little sister" I stuck my tongue out at him, watching as the boys laughed at me, but I simply took Alex by his hand and dragged him outside.