Lupe

Maia's POV:

Maia's POV:

"I'm excited" I blurted, looking out the car's window.

"Mum's as well" Alex chuckled. We had returned to London from Areco a couple of days ago, and as I had promised him, I was going to join him in his next trip to Sheffield to visit his parents.

"She still doesn't know your new girlfriend is me, right?"

"Nope" He smiled mischievously, shaking his head. "Mum and Dad never read stuff about me, they don't like what the press has got to say about me or the lads, so they just don't read it. I don't think they know about us yet" He winked, making me giggle. One of his hands made its way to my thigh, and remained there for the whole car journey.

Alex lightly knocked on his parents' door, and we patiently waited for one of them to open it. While we were still outside, he turned around and shot me a loving look, drawing my hair back, until we heard the door being unlocked.

"Alex!" Penny cheerfully exclaimed.

"Hey, Mum" Alex greeted, taking a hold of my waist and making me step forwards. "This is my girlfriend, Maia" He smirked.

"Hi, Penny" I chirped, just when Penny's eyes fell on me and her mouth almost dropped to the floor. I could see her eyes getting watery, and suddenly, a smile had found its way to her lips, and she was taking me in a tight hug.

"Oh, Maia!" She yelped. "You look so beautiful!" She stated, drawing apart from me.

"Oh, thank you, Penny!" I said.

"I knew it!" She established, pointing at us with her finger as we laughed. "You two are just meant for each other"

"Alright, Mum, I know" Alex chuckled, rolling his eyes at her. "You were right about it, can we come in now?"

"Oh, yes, yes!" Penny squeaked, moving aside from the door and allowing us into her house. "David! Come here! Look who's just arrived!"

"Told you she absolutely adores you" Alex whispered in my ear, making me giggle under my breath. We heard hurried footsteps coming down the stairs, and when David and I crossed looks, we couldn't help but smile at the other.

"Maia!" He gasped, hugging me just like his wife had done. "When did this happen?"

"Uhh... I suppose a while ago" I admitted.

"Alex" Penny sternly called him out. "How couldn't you ever tell us?"

"It was a surprise, Mum" Alex defended himself.

"Oh, you're always pulling that kind of stuff" Penny waved him off. "Come on, now, you're just in time for lunch"

Staying for lunch at Alex's parents' house was wonderful, it felt like all the time we hadn't seen each other had never existed, and we talked as if I had belonged into their family since always. Penny wouldn't get tired of telling us this Chinese belief she called the red thread, and by the end of the day, Alex had convinced me of getting matching tattoos to represent that. After everything, we now had a red thread tattooed in our ankles, perfectly wrapped around them. It was sort of our way to represent our love, and I was happy with it. It was original, and sweet, and most importantly, it was fun.