I Used To Hate You

DISCLAIMER: This chapter contains smut, so feel free to skip it if yo don't want to read it, cheers!

Maia's POV:

Alex and I woke up when Twister decided to jump right between us in the bed. I checked the time on my phone, and instantly shot up from the bed when I saw it was two in the afternoon. Alex could barely open his eyes, but I was being quick in changing into my clothes.

"Al, I've got to go" I declared.

"What? Why?" He asked, rubbing his eyes with his hands.

"Alex, it's way past midday, I've got to go home and feed my pets. You know, Diesel needs his daily walk and stuff"

"Don't you have anyone to do it for you? I thought we could spend more time together" He said, propping himself up on his elbows.

"Alex, come on. I've got to go"

"Oh, come on, Mai. It's Sunday. Let's just chill" I had to admit his offer sounded tempting, but I didn't want to give in to him. For some reason, I knew I just didn't have to do it, but my whole body was pleading for me to stay. Truth is, there was someone I could call to take care of my pets for me, the only problem was that I hadn't talked to her for a while, and I doubted she was going to want to listen to me.

"Actually... there is someone I can call" I admitted, completely surrendering to him. I did have my friend Riley, she always had my back. We had met at Writtle, she was studying Equine Performance and Nutrition, and we had become great friends within the years. The problem was that I hadn't been talking to her for some days now, the last weeks of my life had been completely hectic and I didn't even have time for her. I was sure she was going to be mad at me if I called her, but Alex was being so perseverant about me staying that I guessed I could try at least.

"See? Go on, then" His eyes lit up, and I couldn't help but yelp on my inside, his excitement for being with me was more than what I could take.

"Fine, I'll do it. You can stop already. Can you lend me your charger, though? My phone's running out of battery"

"Sure" He said as he stood up from the bed. "It's inside that drawer" He indicated towards a drawer in one of the bedside tables. "I'll head down to the store, I need to buy a few things" He stated, picking some clothes from his wardrobe. "Do you mind waiting?"

"Sure, no problem. I'll wait here while you go and buy condoms" Alex's head turned to me bewildered, his eyes big in shock, but he soon changed his face into his daily arrogant look.

"Just so you know, there're other things I need to buy as well. Like, uhm... food"

"Oh, sure" I complied. "You have fun down at the shops" I winked as I walked past him, heading to the living and charging my phone. I sat on a couch next to the plug while I flipped through my contact's list, searching for Riley's number.

"Alright, I'm going out. I'll be back in a minute" Alex stated, appearing from the hallway.

"Sure, knock yourself out, mate" I said from my spot. "Oh, and don't forget the condoms! I'm sure you don't want yesterday's episode repeating itself" I yelled before he could close the door. He rolled his eyes at me and left, just as I found Riley's number and pressed the call button.

"Well, look who the fuck decided to show up" I was met with Riley's voice on the other end, and she sounded totally pissed, as expected. She was always really lovely, but boy, when she got mad, she was uncontrollable.