The First Time

Alex's POV:

"It's shite, isn't it, girl?" I asked, looking at Angora, who was curiously watching me as I played the piano. She was sitting on top of it, just like she always would, and she would sway her tail from side to side, or walk along the instrument to its other end. She stood up on her legs and leaned forwards towards my face, meowing for attention. "You don't even care" I mumbled, but she only replied with another loud meow. "Oh, I see how it is, anyone can judge you nowadays. Why don't you try playing, huh?" Angora jumped from the piano to my lap, making the keys scream in agony and almost throwing off my seat, but I simply laughed and scratched her behind the ears as she purred in joy. I moved my hand along her back as she arched it, whilst her tail was firmly pointing upwards, just as I heard someone knocking on the studio's door. "Come in!" I yelled from my spot on the piano stool, just as Maia's head peeped from behind the door. "Hey, darling" I smiled at her. "Everything, alright?"

"Uhm..." She trailed off, biting her lower lip and leaning on the doorframe. "Depends" She sheepishly chirped. I chuckled, drawing my hair back.

"You sound like you could use some help with the kids"

"Yeah, please" She sighed in relief. "If you're not that busy"

"Of course, darling" I said, standing up and taking Angora in my arms. I walked until I reached Maia, and softly left a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey, girl" Maia cooed at Angora, stroking her head. "Were you having a moment with Dad?" I laughed, lowering Angora to the ground and closing the door to the studio.

"I was just introducing her to some new tunes"

"Oh, new tunes as in new album, or as in just for fun?" Maia smiled, placing her hands on my chest.

"I don't know, honestly" I shrugged. "Whatever it's got to be, then I'll let it be"

"I think I agree" Maia exclaimed, drawing my hair and kissing my nose. "You'll know what to do when the time comes"

"Thanks, darling" I muttered, taking her chin with my hand and bringing her closer to my lips to kiss her. If it hadn't been for Maia, I would have probably fallen into a big ass depression after releasing Tranquility Base.