I Wouldn't Have it Any Other Way

Maia's POV:

"Do you really need to learn all this stuff?" Alex asked, turning the pages of my veterinary anatomy book as he sat on my bed. A few weeks had passed since the day we'd gone to his show, and we had grown extremely closer since then, way more than we already were. Either I was at his place, or he was at mine, Twister included. It was most of the times my apartment the one we went to, given that Alex was very persistent on wanting to spend time with Angora, and I would always accept, because I loved seeing the bond they had formed together.

"Of course, Al" I replied, changing into more comfortable clothes. We had just arrived from Hartpury, and again, I had classified for the next round. I was overjoyed, but extremely tired as well. "How would I be able to perform a surgery to an animal without knowing that?"

"This is way too much information, how can you possibly learn all of this?"

"It's pretty logic if you take your time to try and understand it" I chuckled.

"Well, this is obviously not for me" He stated, closing the book and setting it aside. Lately, Alex had been pleading me to teach him whatever I knew. He would say that I was so clever that it made him want to study with me, and today, he had found the anatomy book lying on my coffee table, and he had immediately picked it up. "But I definitely admire you for going through this"

"Why, thank you" I smiled. "What do you think I should wear for tonight?"

"Whatever you feel comfortable with, Mai" He barely answered. With time, I learned that Alex was a very sincere person, completely down to earth, and that made him be absolutely reasonable.

"True" I said. Alex had planned a party at his place for tonight, saying that he wanted me to have some kind of celebration after my amazing performance at Hartpury today. He had insisted that we should go out on a date, but then we'd agreed that it was going to be much more fun if we just hung out with our friends somewhere. Thus, we were all going to meet up tonight. It was basically a relaxed reunion, and it warmed my heart to know that Alex and I shared the best group of friends there could ever be. "Do you think this dress will do?" I took a creamy white short dress from my wardrobe, showing it off to Alex.

"You know, for a girl that spends most of her time around mud, dirt, and horses, you take a lot of time in planning your outfits" I giggled, feeling my cheeks growing hot.

"Well, I like keeping things a little elegant sometimes"

"I bet that dress will look gorgeous on you, Mai" I smiled at him, but before I could answer back, my laptop started ringing. I diverted my gaze towards my desktop, and my eyes grew wide in panic when I saw who was calling me over Skype... Marco.

"I need to answer him, Al" I exclaimed, noticing his face acknowledging who the person calling was. "He's going to go crazy if I don't"

"He's your brother, Mai, go ahead" I nodded, and quickly answered Marco's video chat. Yet, I could feel my heart racing. What could he possibly want?

"¡Hermanito! ¡Hola!" I happily greeted, trying not to sound overwhelmed by this at all.

"Maia ¡¿Qué mierda es esto?!" My eyes opened wide in shock when Marco put a magazine cover in front of the camera lens, and it wasn't just any magazine cover. On the front page, there was a picture of Alex and I exiting the stadium, that night he had invited me over to his show. What's more, there were this big ass letters in the title that read "Romance Confirmed: Arctic Monkeys leader's new girlfriend, Maia Cambiasso"