Baby Romeo

Alex's POV:

I opened the door to our shared apartment with Maia, only to find her lying on the floor doing crunches. Truth is, I loved coming back home to her, whatever it might be that she was doing, it filled me with relief to know that she would be waiting for me. She had decided not to enter any more competitions for what was left of the year, so instead, she started doing more exercise to keep herself busy; she just couldn't keep still.

"Whoa, easy there, Hulk" I exclaimed. "You don't want to get yourself hurt"

"Twenty-nine" She breathed out. "Thirty!" She let herself plop down on the gym pad, and I watched as her chest rose and fell agitated. "Can you help me up, Al?" She asked, making me chuckle. I walked towards her and took her hands in mine, pulling her up on her feet. "Thanks, my man, I would kiss you if I wasn't covered in sweat" I ignored her comment, and forcefully brought her body to mine, kissing her lips. "Or maybe you can just kiss me, anyways"

"I kiss you when we have sex and we're both more sweated than you right now, why wouldn't I kiss you now?" She rolled her eyes at me.

"You're so romantic, Alex"

"So I've been told" I smiled at her. What could I say? It might seem dirty, but it turned me on to see her in her gym top and leggings, watching at sweat dripped down her hot body. I didn't feel guilty for that... at all.

"I need some water" Maia declared, walking towards the kitchen with me following behind.

"Have you let your brothers know that we're going already?" Maia stopped dead in her tracks, only moving to let the water filled glass down on the countertop. I knew this topic was driving her insane, but her brothers sill needed to know we were going to go to visit them.

"Actually, yes" She blurted, which surprised me.

"Seriously?" She nodded. "And what did they say?"

"They're excited" She smiled. "To see me, of course" I laughed. Fuck, meeting her brothers was going to be a tough one. "You know, only Marco knows about the whole engagement thing being called off and then us getting back together, so, yeah... trust me, the less they know, it will be better for you, they'll make less questions"

"So... you've finally gathered up enough courage to tell Val you have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah" She said. "It surprises me too" I swallowed hard. Fuck.

"So, do you think he'll need any help sharpening his knives?"

"Oh, Alex!" Maia burst into a fit of laughter, while I was still petrified in my spot. "He's not going to do anything to you, and even if he dares to, I'll fucking kill him" I heaved in a sigh in concern, and Maia noticed it. "Al..." She softly whispered, rubbing my arm. "You don't have to do it if you don't feel ready yet. To be honest, it's the first time I'm ever introducing my brothers to my boyfriend, so it's driving me crazy too"