The Concert

Alex's POV:

I briefly opened my eyes, feeling weight pressing on my arm. I already knew what it was, as my hand was tangled in a mess of wild golden hair. I smiled to myself, knowing that Maia was probably sleeping like a log by my side, having got accustomed to the fact of waking up next to her almost every morning. I got off the bed, assuming that as Maia was a heavy sleeper, she was most likely going to stay asleep for a while more. I changed into new clothes and went for a smoke to my balcony, Twister keeping up behind me.

"Am I ever going to wake up with you by my side or am I destined to be alone in bed for the rest of my life?" Maia startled me after a while. I turned to face her, chuckling to myself, and put my cigarette out in the ashtray lying on the table next to me.

"Well, if you didn't spend most of the morning snoozing and snoring, maybe I would stay" I joked.

"Oh, I don't snore! At all!" Maia reproached. "That would be your dog"

"Don't get Twister into this" I laughed, pulling her closer to me, watching as she smiled to me. "So?"

"So what?"

"Are you ready for tonight?" I asked, seeing how Maia's eyes filled with excitement. It was Saturday morning, almost midday by now, and the lads and I were supposed to be giving a concert tonight after what felt like ages. I had invited Maia over, and given that it was going to be her first time seeing me play, I wanted nothing else but for her to enjoy the fuck out of it. Needless to say, I was feeling a little pressure dawning upon me.

"Of course I am" She answered determinedly. "I've been looking forward to this night for the whole week"

"Cool, because I want to see you dancing to my songs now"

"Is that any kind of sexual desire you've got? Or-"

"Oh, shut up!" I grinned. "I want you to have a great time"

"Impress me, then" She murmured.

"Oh, I will, don't worry about that" I chuckled, knowing that this girl was up for a surprise tonight. I leaned in to kiss her, tightening my grip on her waist. It had become so normal for us to act like this in front of the other now, we were confident with spending time together, and we'd even gone out partying with the lads and they were all so fond of Maia, just like Miles and Bella were. Truth is, how could anyone not be attracted to her? She was so humanly beautiful, and at the same time, so out of this world. I was losing myself completely over this girl, but I loved it so fucking much.

"Oh, Twister!" Maia yelped, suddenly breaking apart from me. Twister was jumping all over us, barking and seeking for our attention. "I'm sorry we've kind of left you out of this, dude"

"We've got the hint now, boy" I said, trying to calm him down while I patted his head and he licked my fingers. Maia joined me in, and we decided to spend what was left of the day lazing inside the house, waiting until it was time to get to the stadium for the concert.