Europe

Alex's POV:

I got into my car and sat in the driver's seat for a moment, digesting what Collin had just told me. The Monkeys and I had finished giving another concert, and I was supposed to be driving to Maia's apartment. I'd left Twister at her place so she could watch over him for me whilst I was away, with the hopes of getting to her flat after the concert and spending some time together, after a whole week of not having been able to see each other since my twenty-eighth birthday, but now, I was going to have to tell her I'd received the tour dates, and that it was going to be a long one. I processed everything in my mind, trying to think of a way to repay her for it, but I knew nothing was going to make up for all that time we were going to be away from each other. I knew she would understand, but to my liking, we hadn't been able to spend as much time as I'd have liked together. Yet, I knew that was just my opinion, because I could never get enough of her. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts away, and started the car, speeding off too Maia's apartment.

"Hey" Maia cheerfully greeted, moving aside so I could come in to her flat. "You look tired"

"I kind of am" I slurred, taking her by her chin and pecking her lips. "How did my boy behave?" I asked, stepping inside.

"Oh, he's been a total gentleman" Maia smiled. "Twister!" She called him out, and soon he came rushing into the living-room, jumping over me when he saw me. "Do you want something to eat?" Maia offered, and I followed her into the kitchen, watching as she poured food on a dish for me. "Is everything alright?" She questioned as I ate. "You've been strangely silent"

"I'm fine, darling" I barely answered.

"Ok..." She hesitated. "You scare me when you get like this" I chuckled.

"Why?"

"I don't know, whenever you don't speak I'm pretty sure it's because you're thinking about a million things. I know there's something troubling you, Al" She muttered, resting her head on her palm. I let the fork down and licked my lips, knowing that there was no way I could lie to her anymore. She read me like an open book, and it amazed me to see how fast she would realize about everything that was going on with me. "I know you hate talking about your problems, but I can help you... I love you, Alex" My heart got compressed into a knot, just like every time I heard her saying those words to me. I looked up to her and saw she was faintly smiling at me, and I couldn't resist her. I placed my hand on top of hers, which was lying on the table, and I heaved in a sigh.

"I love you too, Mai" I whispered. "There's something I need to talk to you about" I admitted, scratching the back of my neck.

"Ok" She replied, sitting up straight in her chair. "What is it?" She stuttered, a hint of worry in her voice.

"I... I've got the tour dates, Collin told me about them after the show" I swallowed hard, waiting for Maia to burst into a fit of anger.

"Fuck, Alex, you almost gave me a fucking heart attack!" She complained.