Anyways

Alex's POV:

"Hey, what are you doing up so late?" Maia's voice took me out of my never ending thoughts. I looked up to her from my spot on the chair, and simply smiled. Fuck, I was exhausted. "And drinking coffee? Do you even want to get some sleep tonight?" She joked, sitting down on my lap. I gave her a guilty look, sighing deeply and resting my head on my hand.

"I can't come up with anything good, you know" I mumbled irritated.

"How come?"

"You know, I sit with the guitar and there's just nothing" I complained. "I know where it's going to take me, it's nothing new, honestly. I don't want to repeat myself, Mai, I want something challenging"

"Honey, it's great that you want that" She gently smirked, drawing my hair back. "But you should take it easy for a little while"

"It's been ages since I haven't done anything, Mai" I muttered. "I need to come up with something if I don't want Collin and basically the whole world begging me for something new"

"Mhm" She hummed in agreement. "I see what's been troubling you these days now"

"You knew?" I inquired surprised. Maia was the only person in this entire planet that always knew what was going on with me without even asking.

"Yeah, you've been strangely thoughtful for the whole week. There's always something going on with you whenever you get like that. I just didn't want to ask, I know it only makes you feel worse when people do that, it makes you worry more. I figured that if there was something troubling you, you would come and tell it to me yourself" I smiled at her. She seriously knew me like no one else, and she would never become an invasive person.

"I love you" I stated, kind of taking her aback. She looked perplexed when she heard those words, and I supposed she'd been expecting a different answer form my part, but eventually, she smiled back and kissed my lips.

"I love you too, Al" She whispered. "But I think you should take your time if you want to make a new record, stop being so strict on yourself"

"I know"