Date Night and Surprises

Alex's POV:

I checked myself one more time in the mirror, it must have been the millionth time I'd done that. I straightened my suit out and combed my hair back once again, feeling anxiety rising up my body while I put my belt in place. Twister was staring at me dumbfounded as I paced back and forth in my apartment, trying to kill time until I'd finally get in the car and head to the polo club. It was Friday in the afternoon, and I was supposed to pick Maia up from work to go on our first proper date. There was no space for fuck ups tonight.

I drove to the polo club, being unable to hold back my impatience anymore, and every now and then, I would open the car's glove box to make sure I had brought the two little boxes that contained Maia's gifts in them. I thought it was going to be nice to give her a little present, after all, I had behaved like a dick with her most of the times. As I was parking the car, I noticed from the distance that the polo match was still going on, so I slowly walked my way towards the arena, scanning the whole place for Maia.

When I finally spotted her, she was surrounded by a herd of men, presumably all of them were polo players. I felt my blood starting to boil, but it was obvious. Of course she was going to be encircled by men, she was fucking gorgeous, and she looked particularly beautiful this afternoon. She had a striped jumpsuit that hung loosely on her body, sticking only to her curves, and a jaw dropping cleavage, as per usual. Maia just fucking knew that her cleavage had got to be one of her best weapons. Her golden hair fell down to her waist, appearing from under a hat, and she was smiling condescendingly to all the guys around her as they chatted her up. I kept my distance, knowing that Maia could deal with them on her own, and she was probably going to hate me interfering. Anyhow, she must have heard me walking around nearby, because she turned her head to look at me, smiling brightly once we locked eyes together. She looked so elegant and feminine, so refined and graceful.

"Honey!" She exclaimed, hastily walking towards me. I stayed put in my place, asking myself if she had actually called me honey, watching as the group of three men that were with her were now looking at me deadly serious and doubtful. When she reached me, she took my face in her hands, her long nails caressing my skin, and softly touched her lips to mine as she smiled. If she was trying to turn me on before I could even take her to the restaurant I had booked, she was doing an excellent job. "I've been waiting for you!" She lowered her hands to my chest and I shot her a confused look, but then she motioned to the men with her eyes in a quick movement. I immediately got her hint, she was pleading me to help her get rid of them. It amazed me at first, Maia wasn't one to ask for help, least of all to a guy, but I couldn't deny it to her, and I actually wanted those blokes as far as possible from the girl that was supposed to be mine.

"I've missed you too, darling" I replied, drawing a strand of her hair back and placing it behind her ear.

"Come here, I want to introduce you to some friends" She took my hand in hers, but I took the chance to take her from her waist as she led me to the group of men she had been talking with before.