Alex and Maia

DISCLAIMER: smut.

Maia's POV:

I woke up to the smell of coffee and toasts, and just like I'd expected, Alex wasn't in bed by my side. I sat up straight and looked down to myself, and somehow, I had my PJs on, whichI didn't remember having changed into the night before. Still, I combed my hair into a ponytail and got up from the bed, following the food's smell up to the kitchen, where Alex was looking very entretained at, patiently waiting for the toasts to be ready. He was wearing the same clothes from last night, although they looked much more untidy. His creamy shirt hung loosely on his body, over his dark jeans, and one of his bare feet was tapping against the floor. His har was a total mess, but even like that, I still thought he was so handsome. 

"Hey" I whispered, trying to sound not affected by his beauty at all. Alex's head quickly shot up to stare at me, his eyes scanning my whole body from head to toes, then he softly smiled.

"Hello, sleepy head" I rolled my eyes, making my way closer to him.

"I see you've completely taken over my kitchen"

"Well, I was fucking starving and you were still sleeping like a log"

"Oh, stop complaining" I folded my arms over my chest, which made Alex fastly look away. Weird.

"Do you want toasts?" He asked, just as the toaster made two loaves of bread jump out of it.

"Yeah, sure, I'll take one of your stupid toasts" He chuckled, and we both sat down at the table, munching on our breakfast. "Thanks for having stayed with me last night, Al. I appreciate it" I mumbled.

"It's ok, Mai" He replied. "I wasn't going to leave you like that, you looked terrified"

"Yeah" I whispered. "I didn't remember that moment of my life had been recorded, you know. I thought that cassette would just have those old homemade videos, just like that one we'd watched that day"

"Well, in theory, it was an old homemmade video"

"Yeah, I guess you're right" I smiled. "But still, I'd completely forgot about that night, or more like I've tried pushing it to the back of my mind forever. And to think we'd been recording ourselves all along... fuck, I certainly did not remember that"

"Mai, I suppose that none of you was expecting what happened... you were justhaving fun and filming yourselves"

"Then it all went to shit" I spat. "I'm sorry, Alex, I didn't want to put you through that. I honestly had no clue about it"

"Mai, don't worry" He reached his hand out and placed it over mine, sending shivers down my spine.

"My brothers still don't know about the engagement" I suddenly blurted, making Alex nearly choke on his coffee.

"They what?! Mai, how have you not told them about it yet?" He reproached me. "What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know" Iwhined. "I'm not ready yet, I'm actually terrified of what they might say. I mean, of course Marco is the only one who knows about it, but he's not loving the idea, to be honest. He says he hasn't even got the chance to meet James personally, and I mean... he's right"

"Mai, you have to tell them"

"I know, I know" I exclaimed. "It's just... can I confess something to you?" I let out, feeling how my heart began speeding up.