A Trip To The Past

Maia's POV:

"Alex, stop" I giggled, burying my face into the pillow. I had been abruptly awakened by him, sloppily kissing me all over my face, and refusing to stop when I had asked him to. I barely opened my eyes and saw that the room was poorly lit, given that it was raining outside. I was still half asleep, so it surprised me to see, from the corner of my eye, one big paw stepping right in front of my face. I turned around hastily, and realized that it hadn't been Alex the one who had been kissing me, but instead, it had been Twister licking my whole face off. Yet, what shocked me the most was to see that apart from Twister, there was no one else in bed with me. I felt tears at the back of my eyes, had I been that much of a fool to believe in everything Alex had said? Of course he wasn't going to be by my side, he was probably at the kitchen or something, waiting for me to wake up and tell me that I can leave his apartment already. I sat up straight on the bed, scanning the room for my clothes, noticing that once again, I was just in my panties and Alex's sky blue Lacoste.

"Morning, beauty" My head shot up, catching Alex as he entered the room, a tray with food in his hands.

"Hey" I muttered, still perplexed. "I thought you'd left"

"Left?" He asked bewildered. "Did you seriously think I was going to be that rude to you, Mai?"

"I... I don't know"

"I woke up and you were still sleeping like a log" I blushed, knowing that I was, in fact, a very heavy sleeper. "I didn't want to annoy and I was craving for a smoke. I just went out to the balcony for a cigarette, I'm not going anywhere, Mai. I'm not going to do that to you" I smiled at him, wondering to myself when exactly had Alex and I become so caring for the other. Still, it felt so heartwarming.

"I know, I guess I just freaked out when I didn't see you there"

"Well" He said, plopping down on the bed next to me and setting the tray between us. "I'm back, so you won't have to miss me any longer" He stared at me with innocent eyes, which made me softly chuckle. "And I've made breakfast, you're welcome"

"Wow, breakfast in bed, I feel special"

"Well, it's all part of me natural charms"

"Oh, I bet" I exclaimed, reaching out for my coffee mug. We both sat in silence as we ate, comfortable in our lack of words. The thing with Alex was that sometimes it wasn't necessary to talk, we understood that with just being there, it was more than enough.

"So" Alex said, breaking the silence. "Are you in for a Friday date night?"

"I see you still haven't lost your hopes of going out with me"

"Oh, I'm very persistent, and I know you're just trying to play it hard on me"

"Hey!" I squealed, punching his arm.

"Are you going to tell me I'm wrong?" Alex chuckled, a cocky grin hanging from his lips.

"I just don't want you to think you're the big deal just because I said yes" I smiled playfully at him, looking at him from my side.

"You just think that highly of me, don't you?"

"Well, are you going to tell me I'm wrong?" I imitated him, trying to pull his leg.

"That's not fair" He muttered.

"Life ain't fair, Al"

"Well" He huffed, laying his head down on my lap unexpectedly. I didn't know how to react at it at first, but I soon relaxed once I saw his cheeky green staring at me, making me feel at home. "It was quite fair with your pretty genetics" He said, pinching my chin as he winked, throwing a kiss at me.