Prolouge

• Dedicated to Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Nialler :)

So. Im Liana. Liana Jones. Well, Liana Payne, but that is later. Anywho, im 18, almost 19. I live (well, lived) in a small town not that far from Lexington, Kentucky. And this is how my life went from normal to just plain crazy.

It all started on that early June evening. It was a few days after our Graduation, and me and my best friend Seirra where going to go to the lake. Well, I didnt really want to go. You see, my mom was sick. She was dying of cancer. And I wanted to spend all my freetime with her and my aunt Kayla.

"Mom, are you sure your ok?" I asked for the millionth time.

"Yes, Im fine! Dont worry about me!" Mom said.

"Ok...." I said as I grabbed my keys to my car.

"Trust me, Lia-bug, I will be ok." My mom told me again, using my nickname.

"Alright. Do you need me to get you a water or help you to your bed?" I asked. My mom was sitting on the couch.

"No, in fine, now go!" She said.

"Ok, love ya Mom." I said, kissing her cheek before leaving to go to the lake.

**************************************************

"Finally, your here!" Sierra said. She was wearing a pink sun dress, her curly blonde hair in a messy ponytail, her arms around her boyfriend Kyle.

"Yeah, im here." I said, in a not-so-happy-voice.

"Come on, Liana, relax. Your momma's fine!" Sierra said, her country accent as thick as honey.

I never got it. I was born and raised in Kentucky, but I never got the thick accent like my other friends. I used to be jealous of them.

"Fine. Wheres Jack?" I asked, looking around for my boyfriend.

"In the lake already. Are ya gettin in?" Sierra asked.

"Yeah, I brought my bathing suit." I said.

"Sweet! Lets get goin then! We were waiting for you!" Sierra said, pulling off her sun dress and running to the lake. Kyle went after her.

I took off my shirt and jeans. I was wearing a yellow ruffle bikini from Aeropostale. It looked great on me, since I have a deep tan and brown curly/wavy hair with natural sun-highlights. My face was sprinkled with freckles from the sun, and my brown eyes looked big from my eyeliner.

Slowly, feeling awkard, I walked to the lake.

"Hey, your here!" Jack said, splashing water in my direction.

"Yeah..." I said, dipping a toe in the water.

"Come on, Liana, the water is warm!" Sierra said, laughing with Kyle.

I sighed and slowly walked into the lake. I should be home with my mom....

"Liana, come on!" Jack said, swimming up to me and pulling me further into the lake.

"Hey." Jack smiled when we stopped swimming. He kissed my lips passionalty. They tasted like beer.

"Have you been dranking?" I asked, pulling away from him.

"It was only one beer." Jack said, grabbing my hand.

"But still, Jack! You promised you quit!" I said, feeling betrayed.

"Look, Lia, Im sorry. I wont drank anymore tonight." Jack said, wrapping me in his arms.

I should have stayed home.

*****************************************************************

That night, I did something Im not proud of. I went to Jacks house. His parents wernt home... you can guess what else happened.

"What time is it?" I asked, looking for my phone.

"I dont know." Jack said, kissing my shoulder.

I groaned and sat up, looking for my cell.

"Whats wrong, babe?" Jack asked.

"I dont know, im just looking for my phone." I said, annoyed.

"Come on, Liana. Stop stressin about every fucking thing."

"My mom is dying, Jack! Of course I will stress over everything!" I said, getting up. I felt something at my feet. My cellphone.

I picked it up and turned it on. Over 20 missed calls from Kayla. My heart dropped.

I pressed speed dial 8 and listened to the ring.

"Oh, Liana, finally you pick up." Kayla said, sounding relieved.

"Whats wrong." I asked, ignoring her comment.

"Oh, Lia-bug. Its your mom." Kayla said, sounding like she was crying.

I felt a lump in my throat. "Dont tell me...."

"She's gone, Liana. She is in Gods hands now."