Chp. 5

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach. Today is when Ted is going to England. Tommarrow is when the Payne Family, my family, find out about me.

I put on a blue tanktop and a pair of ripped jeans (ripped jeans are my obsession), and threw my long wavy/curly brown hair into a ponytail, my bangs held back with a headband. Too lazy to put makeup on, I grabbed my flip-flops and went downstair.

"You ready?" Kayla asked.

"Yes, I guess so." I said, grabbing the box off the kitchen table.

Kayla smiled weakly, then we went to her car and drove off to the Police Station.

We walked in, and the lady at the desk said, "He ready for y'all." I lead the way to Ted Berkley's office. I knocked on the door, then opened it.

"Hello Liana, is this Ms. Jones, your aunt?" Ted asked, standing up when we walked in.

"Yes, this is Kayla. Kayla, this is Ted." I said, introducing them. They shook hands, then Ted walked back to his desk and Kayla and I sat down at the chairs.

"Here's the box." I said, handing it to him.

"Thank you. I will make sure to give it to them." Ted smiled.

"Ok." I said. There was awkward silence.

"Um, excuse me, Ted?" Kayla asked, clearing her throat.

"Yes?"

"Will... Will Liana have to move, as in, live with them?" Kayla asked, a little nervouse.

"I will ask Mr. and Mrs. Payne when I arrive. Its up to them and Liana to decide." Ted said.

I kinda want to live with them. I want to get to know them, get to know my life, what my life was supposed to be. But I dont want to leave Kayla and Sierra, and Jack. I bit my bottom lip, thinking.

"What about paparazzi? Wont they be crazy over... the new Payne?" Kayla asked.

Oh, yeah, I never thought of the paparazzi. Ew, I dont want them chasing me!

"I will talk to them about that, too. We will all talk about it later, when I come back. For now, keep quiet, and stay low, ok Liana? Delete you email accounts, your Facebook, your Twitter, anything that you have on the internet." Ted said, looking at me, serious.

"My facebook? My twitter?" I asked.

"Yes, because if this gets out, people will try to find you on there, looking to see who you are, what you look like."

"Oh." I knew that.

"Alrighty then, that is all for now. I will call you later, when I arrive in England. Remember, stay low. Be good." Ted said.

"Ok. Thank you." Kayla said.

"Have a safe trip." I said, getting up.

I walked to the door and Kayla followed. I opened it and let her out first. I was about to leave when Ted stopped me.

"Liana?"

"Yes?"

"I will make sure they get the box." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Thank you, Ted."

And then I followed Kayla out to the car, my legs shaking, my stomach feeling queasy.

*******************************************************************************************************

"Ew! Harry Styles likes to sleep nakie!!!" Sierra cried. We were in my room, just hanging out, looking up facts on the computer about my brother and his band.