Chp. 30

LIAMS POINT OF VIEW!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked my cell phone for the millionth time that day. Still no text from mum. Ugh! Where is she?! I glanced over at Sierra, who was passed out on the cot. She has been up all night taking care of Emma. Emma is kinda fussy for a 1-day old baby.

The doctors came to tell us that we could see Lia whenever my parents get here. Thats why I really want them to get here. I looked at the clock. 3: 34 pm. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I am feeling so stressed out. Lia is in a coma, Emma is motherless right now, Harry cheated on my sister more than once, and my parents are late!

"Hey. I thought you could use a cup." I heard Zayn say behind me. I turned. When did he get here?

"Thanks." I smiled weakly, taking the cup of Starbucks from his hand.

"Are your parents on the way?" Zayn asked.

"I honestly dont know." I said, taking a sip.

"I really want to see Lia." He said.

"Yeah. I do, too." I sighed.

"You know Harry's mum is here." Zayn said.

"She is?" I asked.

"Yeah, she is in the waiting room yelling at Harry for getting a girl pregnant and not even telling her." Zayn chuckled.

"Ha. Imagine what she would do when she finds out that he cheated on her." I said.

"I know. She would freak." Zayn smiled. And knowing Anne, she would.

"Im going to go see if she wants to see Emma. She is her grandmother. Wake up Sierra." I said, walking out the door.

I walked down the hall to the waiting room. Harry was sitting in a chair, looking misrable, while Anne gave him the evil eye.

"Hey." I said.

Anne's head shot up. "Liam! Oh, im so sorry about your sister! It must be hard on your parents!" She said, giving me a hug

"Yeah. It is." I smiled sadly.

"I bet!" Anne said.

"So, want to see your granddaughter?" I asked.

"Yes! Can I?" She asked.

"Yeah, follow me." Harry stayed in the waiting room while I led Anne to the room. I opened the door. Sierra was up, watching some TV. Zayn was sitting in the recliner, sipping his coffee and texting someone.

"Im back." I announced. Sierra looked up.

"Who is that?" She asked.

"Anne, Harry's mum." I said.

"Hi." Anne smiled.

"Hey. Im Sierra, Lia's bestie." Sierra smiled weakly.

"Nice to meet you. And its nice to see you again, Zayn." Anne said.

"Same." Zayn said.

"Your here to see Emma?" Sierra asked.

"Her name is Emma?" Anne asked.

Sierra nodded. "Lia has always liked the name Emma. So we named her Emma Grace Payne."

"Not Styles?" Anne asked.

"Uh, thats a whole other story." I said awkwardly.

"Oh." Anne said, looking confused.

"You wanna hold her?" Sierra asked, breaking the awkwardness.