37

My vision blurred in and out, making the light on the ceiling of the ambulance look like they were flashing. I tried to move my head, but something stopped me. They but a collar on me to keep me from moving so much to paralyze myself from the possible paralice caused by the sudden trauma a car accident can cause.

My head was pounding. It felt like someone had poked my brain with a fork. Over and OVer and OVER. But why am I awake, but Eugene isn't? Wait. Where is here? I started to panic and breath faster and faster. My chest was started to hurt.

The EMT must have noticed that I was started to freak. He grabbed my arm and gather his voice. It was soothing. "He is in the ambulance in front of us. They got him. He's in good hands dear, but you need to stay calm, but awake. Okay?"

It took me a second to process everything he was saying. The trap on me neck stopped me from nodded. So, I used some breath I mustered up, "Okay."

"We are almost there." He let go of my arm and sat down on the bench seat.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

Four minutes.

By the second, my eyes were getting heavier, noises louder. It was almost overwhelming.

Suddenly, the engine stopped. The siren turned off and the back doors open. All I could hear was the IV liquid dripping from the bag to the tube. One after another going into my arm.

"Stay awake-"

I'm sorry. I tried my best, sir, but my mind and body is not really on the same page. As much as I wanted to stay wake, I felt like a goner.

My eyes closed like they were never gonna open again. And who knows?

People aren't kidding when they say you should like every single day like you aren't going to get another one.

Everything felt calm again. I was in my mind and that was the safest(feeling) place apparently. The worrying and the crying for Eugene had stopped because in my mind, we were okay. He wasn't being wheeled to the operating room as fast as they could wheel him and I wasn't in a coma from my over-wheeled, concussed brain.

Everything was white, warm calmness, finally. It's like my whole life, I've waited and worked for this sense of calm, not so much the verge of dying part, though.

Rachel's Mind Zone

The sound of my bare feet pitter pattered through the hall as I walked, it left a slight echo trail behind me.

Where am I? The halls were empty. There wasn't a soul in sight.

Medical supplies and carts of sheets were scattered occasionally around as I walked down the never ending hall. This must be an old hospital.

Out of the silence, my attention was drawn to the noise coming from the door beside me. The door had a sign that said, Operating Room; STERILE, above the door frame. The words eventur all blurred and ran together like black ink mixing in water.

I looked over at the door. A window was placed about in the middle. Standing on my tiptoes, I peeked in the window. My breath hitched and froze in my chest. Someone was on the operating table. But they were alone. It was just them, laying in the middle of an empty room completely in silence by themself. Most of the body was draped and covered with the sterile, blue-ish towels surgeons use.

I leaned slightly on the door trying to get a better look, but to my luck, it flung open.Yeah... It was that kind of door. I stumbled a few steps into the doorway and looked up to see is the mystery patient has moved. Taking a sigh of relief, he was still lying still and intact.