Chapter 2

Astrid POV

i watch as Hiccup walks out of my house and leaves my life forever. i sigh and sit in a chair at the table. what i didn't realize was that i have been staring at the wall for 10 minutes.

"Honey are you okay?" she asks me as she waves her hand in my face. "What?, Ya i'm fine" i say as i try and hide the rosy color on my cheeks. "I think that boy made an impression on you" she says as if she were starting to gossip.

"No i was just thinking about........" i trail off, i look around and see a bag with pictures of marshmallows. "Marshmallows" i blurt out, "Ya marshmallows, there just so yummy and delicious" i say trying to hide that i was really thinking about Hiccup. I look at the clock and see its already 7:00 p.m.

"Oh i have to go to the show" i blurt out as i run to my room. "Okay honey be careful" she says as she sits at the table tapping her fingers on it.

i grab my sweater, my bag full of make up for the show and the necklace my father gave me when i was a little girl. i clutch it tightly in my hands and walk back to my mother.

"I have to go" i say sadly, "Okay be careful and if anyone tries something on you" she pauses to let me speak, "Punch' em in the gut" i say laughing along with my mother. it was the motto my father would use to encourage me on working harder.

"Well bye love you" i say as i kiss her cheek and leave my house.

***

when i get to the shop, i can see the long line of people waiting to get in mostly men. when i'm about to run across the road, a car almist hits me. "Watch where your going!" i snap at the driver. "Watch where your going!!" he snaps back. i keep running and run into the building.

inside all the girls are there in their fancy dresses or swim wear for the fashion show. "Hey Astrid" says Heather (A/N heather's nice in this one) "Hey Heather" i say as I set down my bag. "Whats up" she says as she puts on her make up.

"Not much just bumped into someone" i say as i start putting make up on my face. "was it a he?" she smirks. i roll my eyes, "Yes it was a he" i reply glaring at her while she starts giggling.

someone covers my eyes, "Heather if you did this i'm going to hit you" i say already angry. "It isn't her" says another voice. my arms snake around someone's wrist. "Chase is that you?" i say confused. he chuckles, and uncovers his hands from my eyes. "What was that for?!" i yell at him while i punch his arm. "Owww!, i was trying to surprise you" he says with a smile.

i pat his head like a dog. "what are you doing?" he says still smiling, "I don't know i just really like your hair" i say as i giggle.

"Astrid!!!" someone squeals. i feel arms go around my neck and their grip tightens. "Ruff let ger go" says Heather. "Fine fine" she says as she lets go of my neck. "Geez whats up with you, you almost killed me" i say a bit angry. "come on have some fun" says Heather. "Guys this is the last time i'll be modeling" i blurt out. "What but you can't quit, you love walking out on the stage" i can't i promised my mom, i'd quit and find another job" i say with a shrug.

"Well i gotta go get ready" i say as i pat Chase's head. "Hey i'm not a dog" he says as he picks me up and spins me around. i giggle. (A/N Chase and her are friends, not boyfriend and girlfriend just clarifying except he likes her) "I have to go" i say as i get the dress hanging on the rack.

he just rolls his eyes. i change into my dress and get ready to go out on the stage.

Hiccup POV

"Snotlout where are you taking me?!" i yell at him angrily. he smiles a devilish grin. "Somewhere" he says devilishly. We stop at a shop with posters hung up on the wall, "Your taking me to a modeling show" i say annoyed. "If this is another "club" of yours i'm not going inside" i say with a raised eyebrow. "Its not one of those clubs, just come on" he says as we both get out of the car.