Chapter 35

Astrid POV

I wake up in the middle of the night, Hiccup snoring lightly with his head nuzzled into my hair.

I sit up and run a hand through my hair and think, Hiccup's the only person I've ever met who's kind, who understands and knows me. he knows my past he knows the monsters that keep me awake at night, he fights them off and keeps me safe.

"Astrid?" I hear Hiccup's voice say, "I'm okay go back to sleep" I say before he looks at me concerned. "what's wrong?" He asks, "nothing I was just thinking" I says before he puts and arm around my shoulder, I look at him.

"Remember when I said that I was small and scrawny in that picture you had?" He asks, I nod. "when I was a little boy, every kid in my school bullied me. I was little, not strong like I am at all" he says before I see pain in his eyes.

Tears fall out of his eyes, "I could never get them away from me, all they did was say I was stupid and that I should kill myself" he says before he presses his lips into a line.

"I tried killing myself when I was 7, I thought they were right" he says as I hug him.

"I could never get away from them" he says before he hugs a pillow. "my dad said they were just playing, do you think kicking you and punching you till your bones hurt is playing? It isn't" he says as I touch his shoulder, "Until he took me to military school, I was disciplined and learned the differences between life and death" he says as I look at him.

"And to think, if I had killed myself I wouldn't have met you" he says puffy eyed. "we all have monsters inside, we hide them" I say as he looks at me, "my monsters have haunted me my entire life, and they're still there" I say as we hold each other.

"Until I met you" I say as he looks at me, tears appear on my cheeks, "you chase them away, you keep them away. You help me sleep, you help me. You teach me how to live" I say as tears spill.

"All those monsters, those horrible monsters that scare me that keep me locked up you fight them off" I say as he looks at me.

"We fight off each other's Monsters" he says as he looks at me.

"I see your monsters, I see your pain, tell me your problems I'll chase them away, I'll be your light house I'll make it okay, when I see your monsters I'll stand there so brave, and Chase them all away" he says as I hold him and he holds me.

"We both have monsters, we both have things we've left behind" he says as I hold onto him, as if he were the only thing keeping me alive, "but now all I need to keep me sane is you" he says looking at me. "your the only thing that keeps me sane" I say as I hold him and he holds me.

"I love you to the moon and back" he says as he kisses my hand, "and I love you to infinity and beyond" I say before I fall asleep, my head on his chest as his arms wrapped around me. he protects me from the monsters just like I protect him.

~
I cried while writing this so I am very sorry, I will update once more then that's it for today.

Thank u for so many reads and for all the love of Hiccstrid people share it's amazing.

Anyway thx for reading and shout out to @Httyd_2slays.

She's really nice and read her book, it's awesome. so hopefully I liked it and have a good day.

~Snow302~