Chapter 7

A\N so this chappy is a few days later, Astrid works as Hiccup's secretary, in his father's company. Just wanted to clarify in case u get confuzzled. And I'm holding a little contest the first five people to pm me will get a shout out on the next chapter. So on with the chapter. P.s. this chapter has hiccstrid feels. Enjoy.

~3 days later~

Hiccup POV

I sit in my office staring out the window. Jack comes in and sits down. "What do you need lover boy?" He says as he plays with a pencil. "I don't know if I should ask Astrid out" I blurt out. "Just get it over with before some other guy takes her from you" he says as I start pacing.

"How? every time I think about or even wanna ask her I get nervous" I say as my palms start to sweat. "You should ask her before its too late" he suggests. "How?" I ask. "Just get your butt out their and ask her" he says annoyed.

"Or you could just say you wanna get to know her better and ask her out for dinner or something" he suggests again. "Your right" I say thinking, "besides you can use your Hiccup charm on her" he says as he leaves and shuts the door behind him. "I'm gonna ask her......hopefully" I say as I sit down and get to work.

Astrid POV

I sit in my desk staring at the computer. I sigh, "Hey" says a boy as he passes me, I ignore him and get up. I walk over to the workers lounge and walk inside Valka is inside drinking tea. "Hello dear" she says as she takes a sip. "Hi" I say softly. "Are you okay?" She says as she gets up and walks toward me.

"I just miss my mom" I say as I serve myself coffee. "I know how you feel I lost my mother when I was just a baby" she says sadly. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up" I say ashamed. "Its okay Dear, it feels good to let it out" she says as she hugs me.

I hug back, "we all have someone very close to us that we'll lose one day. But you have to live in the present, just think how your mother would have wanted you to be happy" she says as we both pull away from the hug.

"Thank you" I say smiling a little. "No, thank you for helping my son" she says as she leaves. "How have I helped your son?" I mumble. Hiccup walks in and grabs a cup of coffee as he mumbles something.

My palms start to sweat and I start to get a little nervous. "Hi" he says quietly. "Hi" I say softly. "Stupid coffee machine" he mumbles, I giggle a little.

I walk out of the lounge with the cup of coffee and sit down in the desk. I grab a piece of paper and draw a small flower, in it with my mother's name on it, Ingrid. I smile and color it in. Hiccup walks by and hesitantly opens the door.

"Astrid can I talk to you?" He softly, "sure" I say almost too quietly. He opens the door for me as I walk inside. He pulls out the chair in front of the desk for me, I sit down and he pushes the chair in.

"Thank you" I say softly, he smiles a little, "so don't keep me waiting what did you want to talk to me about?" I say a little worried. "I was wondering......." He begins until he starts turning a bright shade of pink.

"Here stand up" I say as I walk over to him, he stands up. I unbutton a bit of his shirt to let him breath. (A/N don't think wrong people) "does that help?" I say as he sits back down and then up again. What's up with him?.

"Kind of but anyway" he says breathing in and out. "Iwaswonderingifyouwouldliketogooutfordinnerlatertonight?" He says it all almost too fast I don't hear him, he lays his head on his desk in shame. I smile. "Yes!!!" I blurt out. "What?" He says surprised. "*clears throat* of course I would love to" I say as he stands up, picks me up and spins me around in the air.