Chapter 24

Thank u for the 9.69k reads thank u so much. The picture above is from @Httyd_2slays credit goes to her not me. Thank u @Httyd_2Slays.

Hiccup POV

"The baby in Merida's stomach isn't real" she says softly. My heart poybds. "So u don't have to marry Merida, i can be with Astrid again" i say as a smile forms on ny lips.

"This explains everything, i never did anything with her. You don't know how much i want to be woth Astrid" i say  excitedly.

"I've seen the way you two act around each other, you two will do whatever it takes to be together and i needed to get that off my chest" she says as i run a hand through ny hair and cam't stop smiling.

"You don't know how happy i am right now" i say looking at her. "its almost time for you to propose. You'll kniw what to do" she says walking back inside.

Astrid POV

Chase and Heather go on the dance floor and dance, i stand around drinking champagne even though it has no taste, in my opinion.

"Hello dear" says a voice behind me, i turn around to find Valka. "Hi" i say softly. "I didn't expect to see you here, you look lovely" she says with a smile that makes me think of Hiccup.

"Thank you" i say softly. "I wish ny son were marrying you" she says as she takes a drink of champagne.

"Why?" i dare ask, "Because, your not like other girls who wanted Hiccup for his money" she says as she pauses. "And vecause you actually love him back" she says as the lights dim and everyone from the dancefloor walks back to their chums.

(A/N haha chums) Chase and Heather walk back holding hands. "I see you two are having fun" i tease. They both blush.

Hiccup walks up to the front of the dance floor with Merida following. My heart keeps breaking.

"Lets go please" i say to Chase. "But i thought we were going to stay for this" says Heather. "I can't watch him ask her to marry him" i say as Hiccup gets down on one knee.

A tear rolls doen my cheek. And immediately run out. I sit on the steps crying my heart out. "Astrid" says Chase. I hug my arms. "Lets take her home" says Heather.

"I thought i coukd handle it, but i couldn't" i say as i wipe the tears away. "But i'm nit gking to ever let Merida see me cry" i say as i srand up dusting myself off.

"She wants to see me broken, but no one is going to break me or ever going to see me broken" i say stopping the tears from falling.

"Thats the Astrid we know" says Heather. "Lets get out of here" i say as we all walk down the steps and into the car.

Huccip POV

I get on one knee as Merida acts to be surprised. "Merida will you do me the favor of telling me why you lied?" i say angrily as i throw the ring.

"What do you mean?" she says making an innocent tone in her voice. "That baby isn't real, you just wanna marry me to show off your trophy husband" i say looking at her.

"Fine i did, don't you understand that i love you" she says looking at me. "What your doing isn't love. Its tearing love apart" i say as i look at everyone around me.

"All these people now know tgat you lied to them to everyone including me" i say angrily. "If you'll excuse me i have something else to do" i say as i walk away.

"Hiccup" i hear my mom say. I turn to look at her. "I'm proud of you" she says kissing my forehead. I nod and leave the house and rush into my car.

Astrid POV

Backat Heather's house i lay on my bed, remembering the first time i met Hiccup

~Flashback~

**

i bump into someone and accidentally drop one of my bags. as i try and grab the bag another hand touches mine. i look up and see the most beautiful green eyes i've ever seen.

we stay like that for a few minutes until i snap back to reality. "I'm so sorry i didn't mean to-" but green eyes cuts me off. "No its fine, I'm Hiccup" he says extending his hand out for me. "Astrid" i say as i use my pinkie to shake his hand. he doesn't care and looks straight at me.

"Let me help you" he says as he takes the bags from my hands and carries them himself. "No its fne we can do this ourselves" i say nicely when inside my heart flutters as i stare into his emerald green eyes.

"No, please let me help you" he says stubbornly. (A/N that even a word) "Your not gonna let go are you?" i say as i giggle at the end. "Nope please let me help you" he says with an adorable crooked smile. i smile, "Okay" i finally say. he smiles and lets me lead the way as he takes the bags from my mother's arms and carries them himself.

***

hen we finally get home he comes in and sets the bags on the table. "Thank you for helping us" i say with a smile. "My pleasure, anything for a girl as pretty as you" he blurts out as he blushes.

~flashback ends~

"Why are you even thinking about him" i say as i take off the dress and put on shorts and a blue shirt.

I lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.

"Honey can ypu come here please?" i here my mom say. I get up and walk outside to the living room to find Hiccup standing there with something behind his back and my mom smiling at me.

"I'll leave yiu two alone to talk" says my mom as i look at her walk away puzzled.

"What are you doing here?!" i say puzzled. "Your supposed to be asking Merida to marry you" i sag hugging my arms. "Well it tyrns out she wasn't pregnant" he says as he takes a step closer to me.

"So your saying" i say letting him finish the sentence. "We can be together again" says Hiccup as he hugs me keeping me in his arms.

I smile and lay my head on his chest. He kisses the top of my head and pulls away looking at me. "I love you" he says as i smile. "I love you too" i say as i smile.

He takes whats behind his back and its a small teddy bear, with a heart in its paws that says I love you. I take ut and smile.

"Its adirable" i say as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"How'd you find out?" i ask. "Her mom told me, she didn't want you ir me to be unhappy" he says as i look at him.

"Remember the first time we met" he says as i lay my head on his chest. "Ya" i say as i stay in his arms, warm and safe.

~

I might get to update again hopefully i do.

So how was it, good horrible bad. Tell me in the comments. Small question

1) what are you thankful for?

So hopefully u have a good thanksgiving and have a nice day.

~Snow302~