Chapter 42

~2 days later~

Hiccup POV

Two days passed and Astrid was completely heart broken, she barely ever ate.

The worst part was that no one could help her father, not even me, Dagur froze my bank accounts and I can't get any money.

I promised Astrid I'd get the money to help her father but it seems like I can't.

The strong, brave Astrid seemed to have gone away. Seeing Astrid cry broke my heart into a million pieces.

Sometimes when she'd start crying I'd hold her and tell her everything will be okay, even if we didn't know.

It was hard for both of us, my mom and dad both tried to help but we could do nothing....but watch her father die. :(

~
I wake up and see Astrid still asleep in my arms, faint tear marks on her cheeks. I hated seeing her like this, I wanted to see her smile, her eyes bright with wonder, but I don't think that'll happen.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks at me, "Hiccup" she croaks, "everything's okay" I say as she buries her face in my shoulder.

"Why me?" She asks, "life only brings me misery" she says as I hold her, I can hear her sob, and it hurt me more than anything. To hear the woman I love the most crying.

"Please don't cry" I say cradling her, her eyes are red and puffy. "No no no no" I repeat over and over.

Astrid POV

Hiccup cradles me in his arms as I cry, all I want is for this to be finally over.

"Hiccup" I squeak as he holds me tighter against him.

"Everything is gonna be okay I promise" he says as I sniffle. "if he dies it's gonna be my fault" I say as he brushes his hand over my cheek.

"Everything will be okay" he says as I bury my face in his shoulder. "I love you" he says holding me closer.

"I love you too" I say as tears roll down my cheeks. "Astrid" says a voice, I look over at the door to find my mom.

"I brought you something to eat" she says as I nuzzle my face into the pillow. "I don't want to eat" I say as Hiccup whispers something to her I can't hear.

I hear my mom leave, "Astrid please eat at least a little" he says as I look at him.

"I don't want to" I say before he looks at me, "please at least a few bites" he says as I sigh and nod.

I eat a little, my tummy grumbling for more as I eat.

"Hiccup someone's here to see you" says my mom, i try to get up but Hiccup places me down. "your staying here I'll be fine" he says as I sigh and nod. "okay" I say before I lay back down on the pillows closing my eyes and falling asleep.

Hiccup POV

I walk out of the room, Astrid's mom looks at me. "be careful" Is all she says before she walks to the kitchen.

I walk to the living room to find Julianna, "what are you doing here?" I whisper, "i have a proposition for you" she says looking around disgusted.

"But let's talk somewhere else" she says crossing her arms, "fine" I say rolling my eyes.

"Let's go" I say walking out the door with her.

~

We sit in a table at Starbucks, she never takes her eyes off me for one second.

"So what's your supposed proposition?" I say as she draws small patterns on my hand.

"I'll help you unfreeze your bank accounts and get the money for Astrid" she says before she ruins my parade.

"But you do something for me" she says with a sly smile.

"What?" I say listening hard. "you spend a night with me, and marry me" she says before I think. "what no, I'll never do that" I say as she smirks.

"Then watch your father in law die" she says laughing. "why?" I dare ask, "because your supposed to love me, ever since I saw you at the casino I couldn't stop thinking about you" she says her piercing green eyes staring into mine.

"Think about it Hiccup, you'll finally be able to help poor little Astrid" she says looking at me. I sigh and think.

If I accept I'll ruin my life forever, and end up losing Astrid forever, but her dad won't die and she'll stop crying.

I'll be able to help her, I sigh and look her in the eyes. "fine I'll do it" I say as she smiles and takes my hand in hers.

~

I am so mean, anyway Hiccup is being a dum dum.

So how'd u like it? U probably hated it anyway. I'll update again, if I don't fall asleep.

And thank u so much for so many reads and votes. thank u so much. Do u think the girl in the picture above would make a good Astrid tell me in Le comments.

That's it for now byeeeeeeee!

~Snow302~

#Book of Life
#hiccstrid
#Dum dum Hiccup