Chapter 113

“Why the fuck is he here?” Jack snaps, glaring at me. I just shrug and look away from everyone.

“Lucy, why weren’t you coming over?” Zac says from behind me. I turn around and almost have a heart attack when I see that whole group stood next to me. I quickly look at Jack who is grinding his teeth together, before looking back at Zac in shock. I did not think he would come over when I’m with Jack.

“Um, I... I didn’t see you” I stutter.

“Oh, well I’m glad you could join us. I didn’t think Jack would want to come knowing that I’m here” Zac chuckles, looking at Jack’s face turn from a scowl to complete shock. I feel like Zac’s just said that to drop me in it.

“You fucking invited him!?” Jack shouts. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

“No, Jack it’s not-“

“You fucking used me to come and see him!?” he manages to raise his voice even further, pointing directly at Zac.

“I didn’t use you, Jack. Conor invited us and I thought you could work things out” I lie, only realising how much of a bad friend I am after saying it.

“No I didn’t” Conor frowns in confusion.

“Stop fucking lying to me! Why the fuck would Conor invite me after arguing with me all week?” he stands up from his seat. I automatically stand up with him making Zac, Conor, Leo and Adrian take a step back in sync. I’ve dug myself a fucking deep hole here.

“I-I don’t know” I panic. “Conor told me to invite the group”

“No I didn’t” Conor repeats himself and I can tell even he’s getting angry. Except that isn’t a lie. Zac told me that Conor wanted me to come to the club and to bring the group.

“Zac said you did” I frown, glancing at Zac who has the biggest smirk on his face.

“I just wanted a little get together” Zac raises his hands in defence.

“Zac, come on” Conor sighs making Zac burst out laughing. What an absolute-

“You nasty fucking two-faced bitch” Jack practically screams, slamming his fresh glass of beer on the table. “You know how much Zac and I don’t get on but you still had the fucking nerve to choose him over me”

“I didn’t choose him” I frown, shaking my head. “Why did you lie to me?” I turn to Zac.

“Dunno” he shrugs, unbothered by what he’s gotten me into.

“And to think I actually gave you a chance. Everyone was right about you. You’re just a dickhead” I spit, making his smug grin turn into a scowl. I hate him. I literally do.

“Conor, don’t you have something to say to Lucy?” he turns to Conor, bringing his smirk back again.

“Zac, don’t” Conor sighs again, running his fingers through his hair.

“No, she wants to talk to you, remember?” Zac shrugs, smirking.

“What do you want to say to me?” I ask confidently, ignoring the huge glare that I can feel Jack giving me. Conor turns to Zac as if he’s asking for permission for something. Zac gives him a nod, smiling widely.

“I think we should break up” Conor shrugs, practically unbothered by his words, whereas they shoot through me like a bullet. “It’s just not working” he smirks, looking me dead in the eye.

“What the hell?” I mutter.

“Well you’re constantly pecking my head and stuff. We’re not right” he chuckles. Why is he laughing!? “And it’s not like it was anything serious. I’m only fucking sixteen” he looks at his group who burst into fits of laughter. I glance over at Jack and see him just glaring at Conor in absolute disgust. Tears are brimming my eyes at how easily he’s taking this. I was slightly prepared for a break-up but this is just another level.