Chapter 110

We get to Mike’s house at half past seven and it seems like all the boys are already here.

“Hey guys!” Lois strolls through the living room which Mike has just lead us to.

“Hey” everyone replies. I glance over at Conor who’s not even making eye contact with me right now. He’s sat on the single sofa whilst everyone else shares the three-seater. We go round giving people hugs and when I get to Conor and he’s not even making eye contact with me, I just move to sit on the final sofa with Lois and Leila. Liv and Char just sit on the floor, unbothered by their position.

“Oh god, what’s happened now?” Alex raises his eyebrow at me, referring to mine and Conor’s behaviour. I just look away trying to avoid any awkwardness but with everyone’s eyes in the room on Conor and I, my ‘no eye contact to avoid awkwardness’ scheme doesn’t exactly work.

“What do you mean?” I sigh, knowing exactly what he means but praying for Conor to say something. I should apologise for the way I acted but I’m so pissed off that he didn’t even tell me about his and my Dad’s chat.

“You two haven’t even looked at each other. Are we missing something?” he frowns, smirking slightly. I decide to be the bigger person, as usual, and admit to what’s gone on.

“We’ve just-“

“We had a small argument but we’re okay now, right Luce?” Conor interrupts me and I just shake my head, rolling my eyes slightly.

“You sure?” Mike asks.

I just sigh, “Yeah”

“Well make a bit of space and go sit on your boyfriends lap” Liv complains, pushing me off the sofa and taking my place, letting Charlotte sit on her lap. I groan and stomp over to Conor’s single seat. He looks pretty pissed off but I know he’s not going to complain about me sitting with him.

I stand in front of him, waiting for him to tell me where to sit. He has a beer bottle in his hand so it makes it awkward to even think about positioning myself next to him. He sighs and puts the beer bottle on the floor.

“Come here then” he says seriously, no sarcasm in his voice.

I mentally moan before sitting on his lap and letting my legs fall over the arm of the chair. He rests his arm on my lap and wraps his other arm around my waist slightly, pulling me closer towards him. I rest my head on his shoulder receiving a chorus of ‘aww’s from the group. I roll my eyes and sit up slightly from him.

I have never been in a more awkward situation in my life. Having to act ‘normal’ around everyone whilst sitting so uncomfortably on Conor’s lap. We’ve sat like this many times before but it’s never ever this uncomfortable. There’s literally no connection and it’s scaring me. We haven’t even spoken to each other.

All we’re doing is listening to everyone’s gossip. We spoke a little bit about Sweden before and my accident but they’ve heard about it a lot before today so there’s not too much to say.

I need to talk to Conor. He’s my boyfriend and it should never be this awkward between us, no matter what the argument is. It was literally such a stupid thing to argue about. I guess it was my fault for reacting the way I did but I can’t help but feel like Conor’s to blame for not telling me. I should have the right to know about these things, right?

“Who wants another drink?” I hear Mike ask. A chorus of ‘yes’ and ‘no’s are heard around the living room and after Mike counts the people wanting a drink, he starts to walk out of the room.

“Mike, I’ll help!” I jump off Conor’s lap as quickly as possible and scurry over to Mike.

“Lucy, it’s fine. I’m sure I can hold five cans of beer” he chuckles. I shoot him a glare.