Chapter 136

It’s a couple weeks after my birthday now and summer’s coming to an end. I’ve got my exam results back which were pretty decent and I’ve been accepted into Bellerbys College which Conor unfortunately isn’t going to. He didn’t have the grades for it but I blame him for pratting about all the time in lessons and revising the night before his exams so it ‘stays in his head’.

Instead, he’s off with Alex to Brighton and Hove City College. He’s taking Music, Business and Filmmaking. The only thing he’s taking seriously is Music. There’s no way I can talk him out of it and believe me, I’ve tried. Alex chose to go to that College mainly because Conor was going and those two are two peas in a pod. They even took the same courses except Alex chose IT instead of Music.

We’ll still see each other all the time as we live around the corner from each other. It’ll just be like going to different schools. Lois, Leila, Liv and Charlotte are all coming to the same college as me too.

The courses I’m taking are Business, Psychology and Law. You wouldn’t think it, right? That’s because I still have no idea what I actually want to do with my life and this seemed like my best option.

I can’t say I’m excited about college at all. Yeah, I’ve had an amazing extra long summer but I’m not ready for it to come to an end. It’s going to be weird not seeing any of the boys around school; Jack, Conor, Alex, Ben and Mike.

So today it’s Friday 3rd September – three days before we start college – and Conor, Jack and I have decided to have a sleepover. This has to be our 40th sleepover during these holidays and that’s not even exaggerating. I love them though. Sleepover’s with the Maynard’s are my favourite.

“Jack, cut that out” Conor snaps, interrupting Jack half way through whistling a song. We’re all in my room at the moment, Conor watching TV whilst Jack and I play ‘guess the song’. “It’s fucking piercing”

“Come on, I was nearly at the chorus then” Jack huffs, continuing where he left off. This is hard. I’m beginning to think that Jack’s making this up as he goes along. It’s something that he’d do just to win the damn game.

“It’s not even a song” I frown in confusion. Although, I can’t say that I’m ‘up to date’ with all the latest songs. I usually hear new ones from Conor when he’s doing a cover or something. You know he has 2700+ subscribers now? Insane, right? People think he’s hilarious aside from having an amazing voice... and good looks. And he’s all mine, baby.

“You’ll get it when you hear this bit” he pauses to tell me before carrying on with his high pitched whistling. I chuckle slightly, listening intently.

“It’s Thank Me Now by Drake” Conor mutters, turning the volume up on the TV.

“Aw, Conor!” Jack and I moan in frustration.

“How was I supposed to guess that!?” I raise my eyebrows at Jack.

“He sang it in concert for god’s sake. Did you watch the performance?” he frowns and I roll my eyes.

That Drake concert we all went to was actually really fun. Although I didn’t know any of the songs (well, Conor made me listen to his whole album the week we were going and in the car on the ride there), we all had a laugh.

“My turn now” I smirk, thinking of the most difficult song I can come up with. I’m half tempted to whistle a load of nonsense just to get his brain thinking.

“Fuck, no” Conor turns around in frustration.

“What are you so heated up about watching anyway?” I frown, glancing over at my small TV.