Chapter 126

Lucy’s POV

“Are you ready yet?” Jack asks as soon as I put the phone to my ear.

“I’m running a bit late, Jack” I panic, putting him on speaker and trying to sort out my mascara as quickly as possible.

“I knew you would be” he groans.

“Well, when does it start?”

“It started half an hour ago!”

“You’re joking” I gasp. “Well it doesn’t matter. I’ll get my Mum to give me a lift and I’ll meet you there”

“Are you sure?” he frowns as El pulls as face at me.

“You’ll have to surprise him there” I mime to Eleanor and she rolls her eyes, nodding. “Yes, positive. I’ll text you when I’m there, okay?”

“Alright, see you later”

“Bye” I say enthusiastically, ending the call and changing out of my pyjamas into a simple, fitting maroon dress. I quickly straighten my hair and look at my whole image in the wardrobe mirror.

“Looking good” Eleanor winks, standing up off my bed and slipping into her black heels.

“Thanks” I chuckle. She does a twirl in her complete outfit and strikes a pose. “Stunning, as always”

“Babes” she smiles, making me roll my eyes. “Are we ready?” she asks as I check myself out in the mirror.

“Yep, let’s go princessa” I say, quickly making my way out of my bedroom door and downstairs. “Mum, please can you give us a lift?”

“Yeah sure, get in the car” she calls back to me. I grab her keys and make my way to the car, sitting in the passenger seat so I can direct her there. Jack gave me the directions and it turns out that we’ve passed Sam’s house way more times than I thought. It’s only a ten minute walk or so.

We get there in record breaking time and we pull up down the street from the house that’s flooding with people. There are people already throwing up on his front lawn.

I made Mum stop at the end of the street so she wouldn’t embarrass me by pulling up outside. It would save Eleanor and I a lot of painful walking in these heels but me being the teenager I am, her dropping me off right outside a party just isn’t allowed.

“Lucy, there are people being sick” Mum frowns in confusion.

“Yeah, the magic of alcohol” I shrug, beginning to open the door.

“Don’t get drunk Lucy, please” she sighs.

“Mum, I won’t. I haven’t even brought any with me and I’d have to come up with a good plan to try and get some off other people” I chuckle slightly. I won’t get drunk but Jack said he has something for me.

“Right okay” she nods, trusting me.

“I won’t let you down, Mum” I wink, teasingly. “By the way, if I don’t come back, don’t panic. I’m most likely at Jack’s but I’ll drop you a text”

“You better had do” she shoots me a glare.

“Bye” I chuckle.

“See you later” she rolls her eyes. I jump out of the car and watch as my Mum drives off.

“Wait!” Eleanor halts to a stop. I stop walking to the house and turn around impatiently.

“What?”

“How do I look?”

“As I said before, stunning. Now let’s go” I say, grabbing her arm and pulling her to the house. We have plenty of time at this party and we’re in no rush but the fact that the majority of the group are there is panicking me.