Chapter 138

Two Years Later

“Oh come on, you’re taking this a bit too far now” I sigh, standing up from my place on the sofa to face my furious boyfriend. It’s not the first time he’s come to mine, drunk and causing an argument so I kind of know how to deal with this now.

“How the fuck do you expect me to react when I find out my fucking girlfriend’s cheating on me!?” he screams right in my face.

“Would you calm down? People are going to hear you and I’m one complaint away from being thrown out of here” I snap. Eleanor and I aren’t the best people to live next door to. We have more drama in our apartment than bloody Coronation Street. That and we like to get drunk and blast music on a regular day-to-day basis.

“I couldn’t give a shit. I want everyone to know what a slut you are”

“You’re being completely unreasonable. He’s practically my brother” I scoff and he just rolls his eyes, taking another sip of his beer. “Look, just sit down and we’ll sort this out” I gently place my hand on his cheek.

“Don’t fucking touch me” he pushes me away by my shoulders, making me stumble slightly.

“Why are you so angry!? It’s hardly like me and Jack would’ve got any alone time anyway. Eleanor would’ve been with us the whole time and in case you’ve forgotten, she’s actually in a relationship with him so I’d have a bloody job”

“Knowing you, you would’ve found a way” he rolls his eyes, collapsing back on my sofa and grabbing the TV remote. I stay stood up in front of him.

“Oh yeah, in the middle of Manchester?”

“Don’t get fucking sarcastic with me” he shakes his head, not even looking at me. “Now sit down, you’re making the place look untidy”

I take a deep breath of impatience and sit down beside him, losing interest of the wrestling on TV almost instantly. I turn to him and sigh.

“I’m sorry, okay? I should’ve told you I was going out” I lower my head. I’ve been with the guy for six months now and I’ve learnt that he’s not going to back down. It’s best if I just apologise.

“Shut up” he snaps.

“No! We need to sort this out. You can’t just sit here and watch wrestling rather than sorting out your relationship” I stare at him in confusion.

“I’ll watch it at my place. You’re pecking my head” he shoots for the door.

“Nick, wait!” I call for him. “You can’t just leave”

“Fucking watch me” he spits, swinging the door open. I just collapse on the sofa, giving up on trying to sort this whole commotion out. He’ll probably just call me later asking to come back to his like he usually does. He’s just drunk at the moment.

He always is...

“Oh, is this another guy you’re fucking with?” he screams. I frown in confusion. What’s he talking about?

“I wouldn’t fucking say that again” another voice growls and my head snaps up to see who the familiar voice belongs to.

Oh... my... god...

“Or what?” Nick chuckles and before I even get the chance to stand up from the sofa, Conor throws a punch straight into Nick’s nose.

“What the hell?” I gasp, running over to Nick who’s lying on the floor. He’s too drunk to even stand up right now.

“You’re gonna regret that” he groans, trying to push himself up from the floor. Conor just rolls his eyes and steps over Nick’s body, coming face to face with me.