Chapter 145

With a huge groan, I roll over onto my belly, suffocating myself with the pillow. How am I even alive after last night?

I reach over to the desk beside my bed and grab my phone to check the time.

1:52pm.

Not bad...

My head’s thumping and I actually feel like my brain’s about to explode any second. I need to get some water, some painkillers, and a nice hot bath.

With an unproductive plan of what to do with my day, I roll out of the huge bed and stumble over to the bathroom. I’m an actual mess. Why did I drink so much last night? I don’t even think I’m capable of socialising with anyone anymore.

When I get into the bathroom, I instantly grab the mouthwash cup thing and fill it up with water, gulping it down like I was probably doing with Vodka last night. Oh god, the thought of alcohol makes me want to vomit.

After one last cupful of tap water, I splash some ice cold water over my face and make my way downstairs to get some painkillers and a pint of water.

I see Conor in the kitchen sat on a barstool with his head on the island. At least I know he won’t be tormenting me about my state today. That’s usually the case... Conor can take alcohol a lot better than the rest of us. It’s slightly worrying.

After filling up my glass, I turn to Conor and clear my throat.

“Do you have any painkillers?” I manage to say. My throat’s so raspy that it actually hurts to talk.

“They’re in the cupboard next to the glasses” he mutters, lifting his head up from the desk slightly to see me.

He looks just as bad as me; tired, ill, completely in pain... Yep.

“Thanks” I sigh, turning my back to him as I search the cupboard. I think I was in less pain than this after the car accident with Zac.

I take the painkillers and make my way back upstairs, running myself a steaming hot bath and smiling in satisfaction as the cure seems to slowly but surely, do the trick.

-

“I don’t know how you’re surviving” Eleanor groans, rolling over on her sun bed.

After my bath, I decided to make the most of the sun today by just sunbathing in the back garden. I’m still pretty hungover but I’m not as bad as I was when I woke up. I still haven’t made much conversation with anybody today.

“I’m not” I simply say. “I’m just trying to relax as much as possible”

“I wish I could” she sighs, tossing and turning in her place.

“Have you had painkillers?” I raise an eyebrow and she nods.

“I’ve had four today”

“Bloody hell” I gasp. “Had a bath?”

“Yep”

“Then I don’t know what else to suggest” I shrug. “Try drinking loads of water”

“Good idea” she nods, getting out of her place and slumping over to the patio door that leads to the kitchen.

“So why did you drink so much yesterday?” Matt raises an eyebrow at me. All the adults are completely fine, clearly knowing their drinking boundaries unlike us.

“Well Conor thought-“

“Oh god, I wish that boy would stop doing that” he sighs, shaking his head. I chuckle slightly, unable to make too much noise seeing as my head would throb again.