Chapter 139

It took me a while to get used to the fact that Conor Maynard, the boy I was crazy about when I was 15, is actually in my apartment. The boy I haven’t seen for two whole years is here. The guy I dated for months is actually here again. I didn’t think I’d be seeing him for a while. Or ever again besides from the TV to be honest.

It’s crazy to think that I used to date the celebrity, and if it wasn’t for me buying him that recording studio, he would probably be nowhere right now. I always knew he’d get famous so it wasn’t much of a surprise to me when I found out Ne-Yo became his mentor. Secretly, I was over the moon that he finally got discovered.

He’s been well known for a solid two years now. He’s actually amazing. I mean, I’ve always known he was but whenever I hear his song on the radio or see one of his music videos, I can’t help the smile that creeps its way onto my face. No matter how much he hurt me, I’ll always be proud of him.

And of course, I’m extremely jealous of his success. Whilst I’m working my ass off in University, the asshole’s probably out sunbathing in his house in America. Yeah, he moved out when he turned 18. He’s loaded.

The night I found out he cheated on me, I didn’t go home for a while. I turned off my phone and just walked around the city to try and calm myself down. But no matter how much I walked around that night, I couldn’t escape the reality that he was gone. I knew that this time, I had to move on and I couldn’t just wait around for him to say something sweet to me to wheel me back in. No, this time, I stood my ground.

I won’t say it was easy and I can’t say I’m completely over the guy even now. The more boys I met, the more I realised that it’s only him I wanted to be with. Course it’s better now. Well, I’ve been dealing with Nick’s crap for 6 months already.

I need to end things with the guy. The only reason I put up with it is because he takes my mind off things. I don’t know, he gives me confidence. And sometimes he’s really sweet to me, it’s only when he’s drunk it gets out of hand... Which is pretty much every day. He’s never physically hurt me though so I’m not too bothered. And he doesn’t go to University which is a huge plus if we actually have broken up with each other. At least things won’t be awkward and I can just delete him from my life.

I’m sort of glad things are over between us. He won’t be missed. If there is somebody out there for me, I’m sure fate will pull us together eventually.

I decide to make up for my loss of sleep last night thinking about Conor by going to sleep in the car. Well, that’s my excuse for a nap anyway. I would’ve gone to sleep either way.

“Right, buckle up everyone. I don’t want any deaths on my case if we happen to have an accident” Eleanor informs us all as she adjusts her rear view mirror in her car.

All our bags are packed into the boot except Conor’s. He must’ve already been back to Brighton. No way has he come back from America with no luggage at all. Mind you, he could probably afford to set up a new home from scratch here in the UK with his bank card.

“Nice to know I’m under safe hands” Conor mutters from beside me. Of course Eleanor would squeeze us two in the back just so she can sit next to her boyfriend. I’ve learnt that ‘mates before dates’ doesn’t apply to her.

“Hey, I didn’t offer for you to catch a ride” El frowns.

“Yeah, I paid enough for it though” he huffs.

She scoffs, “Fifty pounds is nothing to you”

“Been checking my bank account, Eleanor?” he smirks.

“You better watch your mouth before I ‘accidently’ ram into a truck on the motorway at your side of the car” she threats. She’d probably do that so Conor better watch his pretty little mouth.