Chapter 128

“Lucy, please come. You won’t be doing anything else” Jack groans as I go round my room picking up random bits of clothes and putting them in the washing basket or back in the wardrobe depending on whether they smelt enough to wake the dead. My room’s usually spotless and I don’t really have an explanation as to why it’s not.

“I can’t be bothered, Jack. Besides, what are you even watching?” I sigh, turning to him as I fold up a t-shirt. I haven’t seen this shirt in ages.

You’re probably confused. It’s Friday night and Jack’s trying to convince me to come to the cinema with him and the group. I literally just can’t be bothered going.

“The Purge, hello” he holds out his hand exasperatedly.

“Not my kind of film” I lie. I’m tempted, but no.

“Who the fuck are you trying to fool? You love those types of films” he frowns in confusion.

“I’m just not in the mood” I groan.

“You must have a reason. I don’t understand why you don’t want to go. I’m not falling for this ‘I can’t be bothered’ bullshit”

“I have stuff to do” I sigh. That’s the real reason to be honest.

“Like what? Hoover your room?” he scoffs.

“Well, yeah” I shrug.

He rolls his eyes, “Lucy, just come. I’ll pay and buy you popcorn”

I pause for a second, thinking about taking up his offer. I just wanted to stay in bed tonight and watch a film on my own. I’m not in any mood for going to the cinema.

“Why do you want me to go so much?”

“Because you’re my best friend” he frowns as if I’m stupid. “I don’t want you sat in here on your own when we’re all at the cinema”

“Aw, Jack” I smirk. I feel loved.

“It’s true though. I can’t watch a film like that without you. Horror films are our thing” he smiles, raising his eyebrow.

I groan, “Fine!”

“Really?”

“Seeing as you won’t leave me alone until I say yes, I guess I’ll have to” I roll my eyes. I do secretly want to go, I just can’t be bothered. “But I’ll pay for myself”

“Still buying you popcorn” he shrugs.

“Whatever you say” I smirk. I won’t turn that one down.

“Okay so get your Cinderella shoes on and let’s go” he shoots up from my bed.

“My converse?” I raise an eyebrow.

“It’s the best it’s going to get with you” he smirks. I chuckle, slipping on my converse and standing up from my seat. My room’s half done so I guess I’ll just do the rest when I get home. “We still have another fifteen minutes before we need to go actually. Liv just texted me”

“Oh okay. Do you want a drink?” I say as I lead him to the kitchen. I need a can of coke to boost my energy.

“Yes please” he nods, his eyes glued to his phone as he makes his way to the bar stool. “Lucy?” he drags out my name.

“Yes?” I snap, opening the fridge and routing around for a can.

“Conor’s coming” he says worryingly.

“What!?” I almost shout, turning my body to face him. Thank the actual lord I’m in the fridge right now because I definitely need something to cool me down. I’m seriously tempted to go and fill the bathtub with ice as another resort.