Chapter 130

Conor’s POV

“Fucking hell, that must’ve took some convincing” Alex gasps when I tell him that Lucy will actually go on a date with me.

“It did” I nod. “But who would turn me down? Let’s be serious”

“Such an egotist” he chuckles, shaking his head. “Anyway, let’s celebrate”

“Alex-“

“You’ve not come to my house just to gloat about you and Lucy going on a date. I know you better than that, Maynard” he frowns, going over to his fridge and pulling out a can of beer. He throws me a can and I smirk as I crack it open. “Let’s... Celebrate”

“How can I turn it down?” I ask rhetorically, gulping down as much as possible in sync with Alex. He lets out a giant burp and sits comfortably on the kitchen counter.

“Okay, now that I’ve got a bit of a buzz, you can go into a bit of detail about how all this happened” he shrugs.

“I know you’re interested really” I roll my eyes before telling him bits and pieces about mine and Lucy’s conversation. I’m such a fucking girl.

Lucy's POV

“You’re what!?” Eleanor practically screams down the phone.

“Come on, Eleanor. It’s only one date. We probably won’t even make anything out of it” I sigh. I knew she’d freak out.

“That’s not the point, Lucy! You were so upset about what he did and now you’re just risking all that to happen again, after everything you’ve been through”

“I know but at least this way we either come out as friends or in a relationship. It’s a win win really” I shrug, trying to convince myself more than anyone.

“No, you either come out of it in a relationship where you’ll still hold a grudge against him, or you’ll come out as nothing. Being friends won’t work, Lucy. Are you crazy?” she gasps. “Why do you allow yourself to go back to someone who repeatedly hurts you?”

“You’ve been telling me to do what makes me happy for months now. I am doing something that’s making me happy whether I’ll regret it or not. I’m happy at the moment so we’ll just see how things go” I breathe.

“You’re making a huge mistake” she sighs and I can practically see her shaking her head.

“Well there’s only one way to find out isn’t there?” I shrug. “Look, I know you’re probably angry about having to call me every day to try and make me happy but I wouldn’t take any of that back. If it wasn’t for you, I would’ve probably moved school’s or something so don’t think your work hasn’t helped”

“No I’m just worried about what will come out of this. I’m kind of happy that you’re giving him another chance but I know you get lead on too easily. I feel like he’ll just hurt you again” she moans.

“Yeah, I know but I feel confident about this. You should’ve heard how he spoke to me before” I smile at the memory. God, I’m such a girl.

“Hold on a second, just let me throw up” she says sarcastically... I think.

“Eleanor” I chuckle.

“Well if it’s what you want to do then fine. But I hope you’re not just doing this to please him. Never forget how he treated you, Lucy” she warns me and I nod, not realising that she can’t see me.

“I won’t” I nod.

“And this doesn’t mean that me and him are ever going to be friends again”