Chapter 143

Lucy’s POV

I’ve got to say, I was kind of upset that Conor didn’t come and irritate me into going out with him at midnight last night. Well, what did I expect really? We’re kind of in the middle of an argument. I can’t just expect him to apologise to me.

“You what?” Jack gasps.

“I want to go. Jack, don’t make a big deal out of this. I just thought it might be fun” I sigh, informing him that I do in fact want to see his brother perform in concert tonight.

Although I told Conor the other night that I would come and see him in concert, I’ve recently been debating whether to go or not because of the slight argument we had on Tuesday. Who am I kidding though? I would’ve gone anyway when I think about it. As if I’d have stayed at home whilst everyone’s watching Conor perform. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

It’s Thursday night which means I only have 3 whole days in LA. I’m absolutely gutted that I have to go back to Brighton after this. It’s a pretty extreme change.

“Aw this is great, he’ll be well chuffed” he smiles, applying gel to his hair. I’m currently sat on my bed watching him get ready for tonight.

“Jack, we’ve both moved on now”

“Yeah, yeah” he rolls his eyes. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready then?”

“Yeah, I will in a sec” I groan, falling back on my bed.

“No because knowing you, it’ll take you an hour to get ready then the only song we’ll see him perform is bloody ‘Can’t Say No’ and I don’t think my ears can take it” he cringes. We’ve all heard that song so many times to be honest. I’m the only person who’s not bored of it.

“Alright, alright” I chuckle, standing up from my place and pulling out a simple dress to wear. I’m not thinking my outfit out too much. I’m just wearing a black dress with small mesh cut-out’s at the belly. Hang on a second... Conor got me this for my 16th birthday. I don’t know why I’ve even brought this.

I put it back on the hanger and as I’m about to put it back in my wardrobe, Jack grabs my wrist.

“What’s up with that?” he raises an eyebrow.

I shrug, “Just not feeling it”

“Mhm, just put it on Lucy” he rolls his eyes, clearly knowing that it’s the dress Conor got me.

I’m not even going to put up a fight. I quickly change out of my comfy clothes and slip into the dress, reassembling it to fit my body. I think I’ve finished growing now. I’ve been the same size since I turned 16.

I slide my feet into some flat ballet pumps and take my hair out of the pony tail. Shaking it out a bit, I decide to put it in a half up half down do, and apply a bit of mascara to my lashes. I’m not in the mood for making effort tonight.

“How do I look?” I frown at Jack who’s actually waiting patiently on my bed, texting away at his phone.

“Yeah, great” he smiles up at me. Knowing it’s the best response I’m going to get, I decide to make my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth. With a sigh, I apply the toothpaste onto my toothbrush and start to brush my teeth.

Will Conor even want me to come tonight? He’s making out like he hates me. I knew I shouldn’t have tried to kiss him. It was wrong and just completely spare of the moment sort of thing.

I’m snapped out of my thoughts when the bathroom door bursts open to reveal an over-excited Jack.

“Come on, we’re going” he almost squeals.