Chapter 134

“How does it feel being sixteen?” Jack asks me.

“I feel like I’m fifteen” I shrug.

As you’ve probably guessed, it’s my birthday! Woo! The whole group have come round for a little gathering at my house which is cool. We’re all just sat in the living room talking and stuff at the moment.

“Do you not feel older?” he frowns, taking a sip of his beer.

“No” I chuckle. “What’s so good about being sixteen anyway?”

“Well you’re legal now” he shrugs, making me gasp. “To buy a lottery ticket! What did you think I meant?” he raises an eyebrow and I just roll my eyes.

“We both know what you meant”

He chuckles, “Well, legal or not, it’s never stopped you from doing the humpty dumpty with Conor”

“Jack!”

He rolls his head back in laughter, “I’m joking”

“Can you open your presents now?” Eleanor groans. She’s been begging me all day.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Eleanor came to Brighton yesterday with her family. I’m not sure how long she’s staying but she’ll definitely be here for her birthday in five days. I’m pretty excited about it to be honest. Although she needs to go back to school on the 22nd to get her exam results and to see if she can get into the college she applied for so I have no idea how this is going to work out. Just roll with it.

I haven’t really done much today. I woke up pretty early and opened all my presents from my parents but except for that, nothing special’s really happened. Although, me, Conor, Jack and Eleanor attempted to make a birthday cake for myself. It looks pretty crap but I won’t judge a book by its cover.

“Yeah, alright then” I roll my eyes.

“Yay!” she squeals. “Guys, she’s opening her presents now” she announces.

People pass me their presents one by one and the majority of stuff I get is either money, clothes, or a joke. For example, Alex got me a thong to wear ‘for Conor’. It would be him to get me something like that...

I start to tear open Jack’s present, far too excited than I should be. The Maynard’s always get me the best presents.

The first thing I open is a bath set from Lush which smells absolutely delicious. It makes me want to jump in a bath right now. The second thing I open is a personalised bottle of Vodka in a pink case with my name on. Mum will be pleased... I actually love it to be honest. And the final thing he gets me is a pillow with his face on it. I knew it was far too good to be true.

“Don’t you just love it?” he smiles, pulling the pillow up to his face.

“It’s actually terrifying” I shake my head in amusement.

“Well at least now you’ll never forget me” he shrugs.

“Why would I forget you?” I frown in confusion.

“I don’t know, things could change”

“You’re scaring me. What have you done?”

“Nothing” he chuckles. I roll my eyes and grab the pillow off him.

“Thank you, Jack!”

“No problem” he smiles.

I choose to open Eleanor’s next, saving Conor’s to open last because I have the feeling it’ll be my favourite. She gets me a make-up bag, some new shoes which I literally love and finally, my favourite, a necklace with a tiny heart on the end.