Chapter 124

Conor’s POV

My phone wakes me up from my midday nap that I’ve taken out of boredom. I’ve had a whole week off school now and all I’ve done is sleep, and it’s now Friday. Fina-fucking-ly.

“Hello” I mumble, my voice feeling croaky from my sleep. 

“Conor, it’s Zac” he says making my eyes immediately shoot open.

“When did you wake up?” I frown.

“Monday” he chuckles. I check my phone to make sure it actually is Zac calling me. I didn’t expect him to even be in contact with me after this to be honest.

“Where are you now?”

“Still in hospital” he sighs. “When did you leave?”

“Uh, Sunday” I frown.

“Lucky shit” he tries to joke but I stay quiet. He got me in a fucking car accident. He can’t expect us to be normal after this again. “So, um. Do you want to come and see me?”

“What?” I frown again. I’ve just woken up. I’m too tired for this.

“Come on, you can’t leave me in here on my own. All I want is a bit of company. Besides, I need to see how you’re coping” he says, a smirk to his voice.

One thing that annoys me about him is that he never takes anything seriously. I mean, I guess that could be a good thing but he crosses the line. He makes jokes and shit about serious things and it annoys the fuck out of me. I’ve just learnt to put up with it.

“I guess” I shrug. I do want to see him to see how he’s doing. I obviously still care but this doesn’t mean things are going back to the way they used to be. Hell, I never want to be in his company after this ever again.

I think another reason why I’m visiting him is because I was pretty gutted that none of my mates came to see me. I mean, yeah, I had my family there but that’s kind of expected. It would’ve been great to see that at least some of the group cared but no one showed up. I can’t exactly blame them for the way I’ve treated them though so I won’t make a deal out of it. I know Zac and I aren’t on the best terms at the moment but maybe this is what he needs. No doubt his family would’ve seen him but I’m sure he’d like to see someone outside his family show a bit of consideration, even if it is me.

“Great. When are you coming?” he asks, enthusiastically.

“I’ll be about an hour. See you later” I end the call before he can even reply. It’s not like he’s going anywhere.

After getting changed out of the clothes I’ve been in practically all week, I jog downstairs and grab my jacket.

“Mum, do you mind giving me a lift to the hospital?” I frown, strolling into the living room to see her watching TV. She insisted to take the whole week off work to ‘look after me’ although I think that was just her excuse for a bit of time off.

“What for?” she pauses the programme, turning to face me.

“I want to see Zac” I shrug, making her jaw almost fall to the floor. “Don’t snap at me, Mum. I still care about how he’s doing”

She sighs, “Right, okay. Give me a second”

“Okay, thanks” I smile slightly. “I’ll wait in the car”

I turn to walk to the front door, grabbing her car keys and walking outside. I unlock the car and jump in, scrolling through social media accounts until Mum finally joins me. It’s so fucking hard trying to type with both hands with this cast on. In fact, it’s impossible. I have to live with typing with one hand for six weeks. Fabulous...